39 W 19th Street, 5th Fl
About the Job
The Director of Operations is responsible for making UAP “the place to be” for its staff, teaching artists and youth by developing and maintaining cross-functional systems, procedures and policies that enhance day-to-day operations, productivity and security. Key areas of responsibility will include technology solutions, procurement (vendors/contracts), facilities, and equipment. The full-time position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage RFP process for the selection and implementation of a new and improved CRM technology solution that supports the day-to-day business and information needs of the Programs, Development and Operations teams;
- Director will project manage the discovery phase by convening relevant stakeholders to identify the key features and functionality required of the tool.
- During the implementation phase, s/he will work closely with the implementation partner in the build, testing and piloting of the new CRM tool to align with UAP needs defined in the discovery phase.
- Serve as a primary administrator for the newly selected CRM platform, by leading the ongoing deployment and executing day-to-day configuration, maintenance and improvement; Provide oversight on basic administrative tasks, including user account maintenance, reports/dashboards and other routine tasks;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive equipment management system that efficiently enables the organization to assign, track, lease and retrieve UAP’s inventory of equipment and/or supplies;
- Update and maintain a repository of policy and procedure (“P&P”) manuals for the following functional areas: Office/Facilities, Procurement, and Equipment;
- In collaboration with the Director, Organizational Learning & Impact Measurement, establish business processes that ensure high data integrity for downstream activities such as timesheets submissions, payroll, and dashboards/reports;
- Serve as primary liaison with building property manager as well as vendors for services including but not limited to office equipment/supplies, cleaning, office security, phone/wireless solutions, etc;
- Monitor intake of space rental requests, ensuring space needs are adequately met for both internal and external events;
- Serve as the primary purchasing agent for UAP events; oversees the strategic procurement and maintenance of technology equipment and supplies, as well as of catering orders for all staff meetings, board meetings, new employee lunches, retreats, etc.
- Supervise two direct reports, setting clear expectations while fostering a growth mindset and culture of high performance;
- Along with Office Manager, serve as the primary and/or back-up contact person for facilities-related emergencies.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- At least seven to ten years of work experience, including project management experience specifically with regards to complex technology and systems implementation; at least three years of experience managing a small team;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following or related areas: arts management and administration, public administration, business administration, systems and process design (Masters degree and/or Six Sigma certification preferred);
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage concurrent projects within timelines and with meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to rigorously vet potential solutions;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications and expertise with CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com, inventory tracking systems and other technology solutions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven ability to effectively present information to various audiences;
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, marked by humility, respect and inquisitiveness;
- Self-starter who works well independently and with minimal guidance, but also a team player; and
- Strong and evident belief in the mission and core values of UAP: arts-integrated, student-centered, collaboration and data-driven.
UAP offers all of it's full-time employees medical, vision, and dental coverage. As well as pre-tax benefits such as 401k and Transitchek.
Minimum Education Required