Research Analyst -- American Media
CAMERA seeks a Research Analyst in its American Media department to join a unique team of professionals whose expertise is the foundation of the organization's media activism. These skilled individuals are engaged in research, writing, interaction with members of the media and lecturing on media coverage of the Arab-Israeli conflict. They are sometimes interviewed on radio and television and represent the organization at conferences and public events.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Monitoring various media outlets for accuracy, balance and context in coverage of Israel and the Arab-Israeli conflict;
• Maintaining continuous, close awareness of breaking news developments;
• Communicating with journalists, academics, specialists, NGO's and government officials regarding coverage -- either to elicit facts or to challenge misinformation;
• Writing articles, Op-Eds, blog posts, speeches;
• Lecturing to community and campus groups;
• Collaborating with other CAMERA staff, including in the Spanish, Hebrew and Arabic-language departments, to leverage information regarding coverage and with the campus department to address student needs related to factual knowledge of Israel;
• Responding to public information requests and concerns about coverage of Israel;
Required skills and experience include:
• Commitment to the goals of CAMERA which aim to expose and correct media misinformation and bias against Israel;
• Knowledge of the history of Israel and the Middle East;
• Research experience, including with news databases;
• Strong analytic writing skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills, necessary to interaction with members of the media, staff and public;
• Willingness to travel occasionally for lectures and meetings;
• Knowledge of PPT, Prezi and other presentation formats a plus
• Salaries are competitive with those of similar non-profits and are dependent on the qualifications and experience of the individual candidate.
• CAMERA provides medical and dental benefits and 403(b) savings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, writing sample and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Research Analyst