Habitat for Humanity ReStore Assistant Manager
- Job posted by Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia
Details: Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia's (Habitat NOVA) is a proven, stellar leader in ensuring affordable home ownership for low to moderate-income families and individuals living in Northern Virginia. Habitat homeowners secure a no-interest mortgage to purchase their home, while the organization secures corporate sponsorship, in-kind donations, and volunteer labor to make the home affordable. Founded in 1990, Habitat NOVA has built or rehabilitated more than 95 homes and improved the lives of hundreds of people. We build homes in partnership with individuals, corporations, associations, faith-based organizations, and other community groups—totaling almost 200 volunteers per month—on our construction sites.
As a local, self-sustaining affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, Habitat NOVA serves the counties of Fairfax and Arlington and the Cities of Falls Church, Fairfax and Alexandria. More information is available at www.habitatnova.org and on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
The ReStore Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in the startup and day to day operations of a new ReStore currently scheduled to open in November 2018 in Herndon, Virginia. The ReStore is a retail business that sells donated building materials, furniture, and appliances at discounted prices to generate revenue to support Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia in its mission to build homes, communities, and hope.
The ReStore Assistant Manager will assist the Manager in the daily operations of the ReStore with shared responsibility for the overall business performance of the store, with priorities that include selling, assisting customers, donors, and overseeing staff and volunteers.
The position requires collaboration with Executive Director, Directors/staff of Marketing & Engagement, Volunteer Services, Construction, and Finance, as well as Managers of other ReStores, volunteers and donors.
- Financial success of the ReStore, including achieving revenue and profitability goals
- Customer service, sales assistance, and assistance to donors through active and engaged sales floor presence
- Leadership, development, and performance management of the store employees
- Overseeing volunteers and volunteer groups, making their experience meaningful
- Maintaining Habitat’s branding, merchandising, pricing, and presentation standards
- Screening for product usability when donors call or bring in donations
- Communicating and coordinating with Donations Manager regarding incoming donations
- Operations management for the store in partnership with the manager
- Other Duties as assigned
This not an all-encompassing list of responsibilities. Responsibilities may change over time. Position requires occasional interaction with Habitat for Humanity NOVA’s department heads and staff. Candidate should demonstrate ability to work collaboratively in groups.
- A minimum of 1 year responsible leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting business objectives, preferably in a retail environment
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent application of customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; ability to interact with donors, customers, volunteers, and other constituents in-person, by phone and in writing
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading, and developing employees in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, and email
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing, walking, and moving about ReStore assisting customers. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities
- Ideal candidate will be able to operate, or learn to operate, a forklift and scissor lift
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check
- Must be able to safely lift and position at least 50 pounds
- Indoors in air-conditioned/heated office, outdoors/indoors on-location for various activities; conditions may include:
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Loud noises
- Other various adverse working conditions associated with warehouse work
- Equipment Use:
- Includes use of POS, Salesforce, Internet based applications, PC, laser printer, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone
- May include use of company vehicles, construction tools, and warehouse equipment
- Work Hours:
- Position requires working 40 hours per week and will include Saturdays and Sundays
- Must have access to a vehicle for work-related off-site meetings and events
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia offers the opportunity to work in collaboration with a dynamic and passionate development team that is committed to ensuring affordable homeownership for everyone living Northern Virginia. We offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package including health care benefits, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with an employer contribution, generous paid time off, and much more.
Minimum Education Required