841 California ave
Pittsburgh United is a coalition of community, labor, faith, and environmental organizations committed to building a community and economy that works for all people. We aspire to create a new social contract, whereby all workers can share in the prosperity generated by economic growth and development. We are seeking an Executive Director to bring effective, strategic, and unifying leadership to our collective work. The Executive Director will build alignment among our partners, identify and run campaigns, and develop sustainable resources and infrastructure for the coalition to grow and succeed.
Pittsburgh United is an affiliate of the Partnership for Working Families.
Pittsburgh United provides comprehensive medical benefits at no cost. Applicants must already live in or be willing to relocate to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Level of Language Proficiency
Pittsburgh United’s next Executive Director will provide executive leadership in the following areas:
Leadership and Vision:
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate how Pittsburgh United makes decisions and creates a shared vision/analysis. Work with Board and staff to develop a vision of what Pittsburgh United should look like as it evolves and grows.
- Build and lead an accountable staff team to achieve organizational goals.
- Serve as a powerful, inspiring public voice for Pittsburgh United.
- Work closely with the Board to develop an inclusive, active, and representative governing body, raise money, and effectively maintain or create external relationships that serve the interest of the Pittsburgh United and its work.
Policy and Campaign Development:
- Develop effective campaigns that advance Pittsburgh United’s agenda and combine research, organizing, and mobilization to achieve policy outcomes for low-wage workers, our communities, and the environment.
Fund Development and Fiscal Management:
- Ensure that the organization has the resources it needs to meet its operation, campaign, and growth objectives through a comprehensive, multi-channel approach to fundraising with defined, measurable outcomes.
- Ensure the highest level of financial accountability across the organization
- Create and manage clear plans of work and structures of accountability for a growing staff team.
- Monitor, evaluate, and hold staff accountable.
- Alignment with Pittsburgh United’s mission and theory of change
- Minimum of 5 years experience supervising/managing multi-person staff
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading a not-for-profit or community organization including fundraising, financial management, developing annual plans, and balancing urgent and immediate work with longer-term strategic work that may lack external deadlines
- Demonstrated effectiveness executing campaigns and building coalition
- Demonstrated effectiveness organizing with workers and with communities of color, and with the organizations that they have built
- Experience using organizing methods to move an agenda, align partner organizations, and attract funding
- Strong relationship-building skills and demonstrated ability to work with leaders, policy-makers, and other high-level decision makers
- Strong organizational development and facilitation skills
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work independently and willingness to travel
- Personal experience with marginalization is helpful, but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “PGH United Executive Director” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.