As our Career Prep Coach focused largely on media careers, you will coach Fellows pursuing these roles at companies such as LinkedIn, Google, Facebook, Pandora, and The Walt Disney Company. You will be a key member of the College Prep team, successfully guiding students through the 18-month personal and career development experience. In addition, you will guide Fellows through the program curriculum and seminar content; engage with corporate partners to learn more about their career opportunities; and track/evaluate student progress and generate insights. You will also learn about and assess the qualities required of successful candidates for top internship and career programs in these fields and be responsible for ensuring the program delivers a class of highly qualified candidates to present to the relevant corporate partner organizations. To this end, you will develop a keen understanding of the success profiles sought by media- and tech-focused organizations and hone the ability to nurture and guide Fellows through their development until they meet the hiring bar for these companies.
The ideal candidate will draw on a strong understanding of the digital media landscape, including digital ad sales, digital marketing, content distribution, and enterprise product sales, in order to coach Fellows effectively through the career exploration and job search process. To develop this knowledge, you may have worked in a similar role at a tech company, digital agency, streaming service, digital publisher, or online retailer. Given this experience, you also understand how to prepare effectively for the recruitment and interview process for both internships and full-time roles in the field, as well as for on-the-job success, and are excited about leveraging your professional experience to guide ambitious college students along this path. To excel in this role, you should also possess excellent interpersonal and motivational skills in order to initiate strong relationships and build rapport with program Fellows, corporate partners, and MLT staff.
This role is full-time, but we would be open to a part-time or freelance/contract arrangement. The position entails a remote work setup.
If you are interested in a coaching role like this one, but have experience outside of these industries, we encourage you to submit your materials anyway, as we may have similar roles with other industry.
- Evaluate and coach a portfolio of Fellows interested in technology, media and retail careers, guiding them through our career management curriculum and through the development of and adherence to a personalized career roadmap
- Track and manage Fellow data and use it, along with behavioral management, to generate insights about their progress
- Develop, revise and deliver content for Career Prep seminars and webinars, often in conjunction with corporate partners
- Collaborate with College Programs and Partnerships teams, as well as corporate partners, to understand the career opportunities available to undergraduates and to identify, educate and prepare Fellows for the best potential opportunities
- Collaborate with and assist Fellow Recruitment team to develop and deploy recruitment strategies for each new class of Fellows
- Read and evaluate applications and make recommendations for program admission
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in media sales and marketing, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in digital media, along with a track record of delivering results, and a minimum of 2 years of experience managing and/or coaching staff
- Demonstrated understanding of the bar for success in top organizations and how to coach Fellows to meet that bar
- Experience tracking and reporting data (ideally utilizing Salesforce)
- Passion for and track record of coaching college students and/or professionals
- Willingness to travel four weekends a year to program seminars/events (hosted in various locations nationally)
Note: MLT does not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
Minimum Education Required