116 Nassau St., 3rd Floor
The National LGBTQ Task Force builds the power of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community from the ground up. The Task Force is the country’s premier social justice organization fighting to improve the lives of LGBTQ people, and working to create positive, lasting change and opportunity for all.
Job Title: Major Gifts Officer
Location: New York, NY or Washington, DC preferred
The Major Gift Officer will aggressively increase major giving (gifts of $1,500+) throughout the country. We focus our major gift fundraising in the following cities/regions: New York City; Washington, DC; South Florida; Denver; San Francisco; Los Angeles, and Seattle. The MGO will report to the Senior Manager of Major Giving.
Major Gifts Program Management (80%)
- Hold responsibility for significant monthly renewal and new income goals;
- Establish and maintain relationships with a portfolio of 250+ major donors and prospects;
- Aggressively identify, cultivate and solicit prospects, within the $1,500 - $10,000 range;
- Coordinate and leverage Leadership Council fundraising events;
- Provide staff support to Board and staff leadership to meet their fundraising goals.
- Administration (20%)
- Manage major donor renewal cycle, including drafting communications;
- Maintain strong donor records in Raiser’s Edge;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of (2) years’ experience in major gifts solicitation and soliciting gifts of $5,000 or higher;
- Knowledge and experience in prospect research;
- Exceptional writing and organizational skills, including attention to detail;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- How Performance is Evaluated:
- Success in meeting or exceeding major gifts revenue goals;
- Significant growth in major donor base;
- Completion of projects on time and with a high attention to detail.
Commensurate with experience. Provides excellent benefits — health, dental and vision insurance; annual and sick leave; 403(b) plan with employer contributions.
This position is part of our collective bargaining unit.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in being a member of the TaskForce staff, a resume addressing your experience and qualifications relevant to the position responsibilities and one unedited writing sample as an example of your work. If possible, please submit the names, affiliations and contact information for three references. Applications submitted via e-mail for this position should be directed to hr@theTaskForce.org; please write "Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
The Task Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans and people of color are encouraged to apply.