East Valley Adult Resources, Inc. (EVAR) empowers and supports older adults and their families to remain independent and engaged in our communities. Our non-profit organization provides a full continuum of service, with core programs that include: Center-Based Services, Meals on Wheels, In-Home Support, Outreach / Social Services, and Contracted Programs. Our vision is to be a leader in providing direct services and mobilizing resources that support the changing needs of our older adult population.
We are currently recruiting for an important full-time Bilingual Outreach Specialist position. The position involves significant teamwork and collaborative efforts with staff, volunteers, and other organizations. Essential duties include:
- Assist older adults and their families in navigating and accessing social service, health, and benefits resources.
- Conduct targeted community outreach to identify and support at risk older adults.
- Provide community health promotion education.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work / related field OR a minimum of two years social service or community health experience working with at-risk older adult and their families.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to encourage team work.
- Ability to obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card to compliance to EVAR’s background check policies.
- Possess a valid AZ driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use in the performance of job.
- Bilingual English / Spanish required for this current opening.
Full-time (40 hours / week) non-exempt position
For more information about EVAR and the complete job description, please check our website at www.evadultresources.org
Come join our team and make a difference in the lives of seniors in our community!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.75 to $13.25 /hour
Excellent benefits package, including employee health plan, vacation and sick leave, and 401k.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English / Spanish required for this current opening.
Minimum Education Required