430 North Michigan Avenue
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing--each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options. Our most successful employees are committed to:
Thinking in unique and independent ways
Helping others to think for themselves
Helping others to grow and develop
The Member Development team is looking for a Program Coordinator to support the new, high profile Commitment to Excellence Program. Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) is a cutting-edge professional development program aimed at enhancing the level of professionalism in the real estate industry. The Program provides customized learning paths specific to each individual participant’s pre-existing level of skill and knowledge in eleven different competency areas ranging from ethics, advocacy, technology, data privacy, outstanding customer service and more. It is not a course or designation/certification rather a program that constantly reinforces behavior changes through an online platform with engaging experiences.
With leadership from the Director of Member Development, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the C2EX Program including; monitoring and updating the program’s online platform and content, implementing marketing and promotional efforts, educating NAR members about the program, and providing support to C2EX Committee Members. The ideal candidate has solid organizational skills, keen attention to detail and an understanding of the real estate industry and Association structure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with C2EX Committee Members and Director to determine the best recommendations for overall Program success. This includes identifying current industry needs/trends to be addressed in C2EX as well as marketing/promotion tactics to organically build member awareness and participation.
- Assist Director in implementing tactics to propel the program forward.
- Serve as the C2EX Program point-of-contact by fielding inquiries from NAR leadership and members, state/local REALTOR® association staff, NAR staff, NAR affiliates and C2EX Committee Members in a professional and timely manner.
- Collaborate with NAR’s Marketing Department to increase awareness of program and member participation. Ensure program representation in key NAR member communication vehicles.
- Coordinate tradeshow presence at NAR events and others as assigned. This includes booth logistics, marketing materials and ROI measurement.
- Support Director with all C2EX Program events including off-cycle committee meetings, training events, webinars, etc. This includes coordinating event logistics, agenda development, catering needs, travel/lodging arrangements and more.
- Manage relationships with all external vendors including web developers and branding agencies.
- Track and analyze member participation and measure C2EX Program effectiveness utilizing various measurement techniques. Report analytics to Director and make recommendations for improvements
- Assist Director with program budget.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in program support. Background in marketing and/or adult e-Learning trends preferred
- Knowledge of the Real Estate industry is a plus
- Travel 20%
- Adept at maintaining a calm demeanor in high-pressure situations
- Results oriented with high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- High level of comfort persuading others
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office—Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills—verbal, written, and presentation
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills with a high level of response to all inquiries
- Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities directly pertaining to position
Minimum Education Required