New York, NY
Title: Physician – Primary Care Medicine/Internal Medicine/Family Practice
Program: Project Renewal Health Services
The Primary Care Physician is responsible for the examination, diagnosis and the treatment of patients within the scope of the Health Center.
- Provides medical diagnoses, treatment and advice to patients in accordance with New York State regulations and the scope of training of the clinician.
- Responsible for consulting with the appropriate medical specialists, when deemed necessary according to the Health Center protocol.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
- Provides medical supervision to the assigned clinical team leaders.
- Directs, organizes and participates in preventive health programs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of quality assurance management and utilization review.
- Participates in community outreach programs.
- Contributes to the overall functioning of the department.
- Maintains patient records in accordance with the policies of the department.
- Maintains all New York State and federal licensing requirements as current according with the department’s credentialing policy.
- Maintains current certification in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Performs related work as required.
- Completes 30 annual Continuing Medical Education credits.
- Participates in Departmental meetings and conferences.
· M.D or DO Board Eligible/Board Certified in internal medicine or family practice (Required)
· Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York (Required)
· Must be certified in MAT – (Medication Assisted Therapy ) for drug dependency, prescribe Suboxone and willing to treat patients with Drug and Alcohol Dependency
· Related experience
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Computer literate
Minimum Education Required