80 Pine Street
E4E has realized a number of critical achievements over the past several years, including rapid growth in staff, budget, and impact, and now stands poised to accelerate its progress over the next five years. As we move forward, we will focus on deepening teacher engagement, developing the vision and tools for transformative teacher leadership, and bringing internal systems to the next level to ensure the organization has the infrastructure, resources, and supports necessary to achieve our goals.
To support this work across our six chapters, our National Development Team is hiring a Regional Giving Associate (RGA). Reporting directly to the Director of Strategy and Regional Giving (DSRG), the RGA will support chapters as they work to build robust, partnership-driven portfolios of individual, foundation, and corporate donors. The RGA will work closely with the National Development Team and chapter development teams to coordinate best practice and resource sharing, ensuring strong organization-wide development operations and a strong team culture through the development and sharing of fundraising reports and team newsletters, materials creation for use in external meetings, development operations project management, and strategic thought-partnership support for chapter development staff. The RGA will also provide critical strategic capacity for chapters requiring additional fundraising support including prospect research, meeting preparation, and general portfolio management, as needed.
Lead reporting and project management:
- Work with the DSRG to design and execute strategy for chapter support and development team operations
- Track, manage, and prioritize cross-cutting projects for the National Development Team aligned to our team priorities, including annual forecasting and impact planning
- Lead quarterly stepback scheduling and planning
- Produce timely, detailed reports on fundraising progress for senior leadership, chapters, and external audiences
- Manage creation and rollout of collateral for external meetings
- Lead creation of a language bank for external communications and reporting
Provide strategic support:
- Work with the DSRG and chapter development staff to support local strategy for portfolio growth and stewardship
- Provide intensive short-term support for chapters as needed, including prospect research, meeting preparation, and general portfolio management
- Assist with rollout of revamped Salesforce CRM for development, including trainings and data quality control checks to ensure a successful systems transition
- Support recurring strategy meetings with chapters and the DSRG
- At least one of the following experiences: pre K-12 classroom teacher experience or similar form of teaching, school-based professional experience, student-based professional experience, or previous work with educational non-profits
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise formal and informal oral and written communications for a variety of audiences
- A high sense of urgency and demonstrated self-motivation, a focus on goals, and commitment to high-quality execution, including working weekday evenings and some weekends as needed
- Tenacity, grit, and the ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated record as both a team player and a self-starter, including a commitment to building a strong development team culture across chapters
- Grace, professionalism, excellent judgment, discretion and high ethical standards
- Exceptional organization skills, a high level of efficiency, a strong customer service orientation, and an ability to manage operations and multiple projects at a time with precision
- Commitment to supporting chapters to grow their base of of mission-aligned partners who are excited to bring their diverse resources (ideas, networks, time, skills, and experience, in addition to financial resources) to bear in support of our mission
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Three years of experience supporting client management/sales/direct fundraising, preferably over a wide geography
- A proven track record of success in supporting donor/client portfolio development
- Strong project management experience
- Adobe Illustrator, Asana, and Salesforce experience
Moreover, all E4E staff demonstrate our Core Values:
- Respect and Professionalism: We act with personal responsibility, respect, and commitment to high quality work, to our organization and to each other
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: Educational inequity is linked to race, power, and privilege, and so we take action to shift this paradigm by reflecting on our own identities, creating an inclusive and diverse community, and leveraging our differences as strengths
- Solutions Orientation: We consistently approach even the most complex challenges with positivity, proactive solutions, and the assumption of best intentions
- Growth Mindset: We intentionally create opportunities to develop ourselves and others in order to learn and continuously improve
- Dynamic Leadership: We courageously take ownership, empower others, set bold visions, think strategically, and adapt to change
Benefits & Applying
Educators for Excellence believes in providing employees with benefits to support self-care, wellness, and financial stability. We value the whole person and provide benefits such as paid time off, health insurance plans, competitive salaries that include pre-tax benefits, and cell phone reimbursements. See more information about our benefits here.
Educators for Excellence is an equal opportunity employer. We predominantly partner with low-income communities of color. Therefore, though race and other legally protected characteristics are never used to make final hiring decisions, we place a particular focus on recruiting staff members who share the backgrounds of the communities we serve.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications can be addressed to Heather Calverase, Director of Strategy and Regional Giving, and should include a resume and a cover letter. Please ensure that all materials address relevant experience and your understanding of how this position connects to the overall mission of E4E.