Part Time Contract
0 Ave. 5-39, Zona 2
The Robert Muller LIFE School is a non-profit, international K-9 school located in Panajachel, Guatemala on the shores of beautiful Lake Atitlan. We are committed to providing a quality education to the local population, who are mostly indigenous of Mayan descent.
The position is about .6 of a full-time teaching position.
The majority of our students enter our school with little to no English, and we are therefore looking for teachers with a bilingual/ELL/immersion background. As the Kinder teacher, you would be responsible for providing instruction in literacy, social studies, math, science, and the arts. We have specials teachers who give classes in Spanish and physical education.
Please note that in order to apply for teaching positions at LIFE School, you must have a degree in early childhood, elementary, or secondary education, and/or be state-certified.
The school will provide transportation from the Guatemala City airport and will also help the new teachers in finding accommodations.
Please view our website at www.lifeschoolguatemala.com for more information about LIFE School.
- Experience working with English Language Learners
- Flexible, resourceful, energetic, and passionate about education.
- Committed to the school's mission of providing a quality bilingual education to the local population (See www.lifeschoolguatemala.com for more info).
- Experience in differentiating instruction.
- Working knowledge of Spanish preferred but not required
- Preference given to teachers with experience working in a multicultural setting
- Background in music, art or drama a benefit
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume including three references to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be asked immediately to fill out a pre-selection questionnaire.