Details: Beginning salary is $350/month and can be increased after six months of successful employment
Centro Educativo Tecnico Chixot
Long Way Home is seeking an Outreach Specialist who is comfortable working and living in rural Guatemala for at least six month periods and can maintain a liaison with the organization’s donor, social media and Internet communities in order to promote the programs of Long Way Home and its partner school, the Centro Educativo Tecnico Chixot, a school offering pre-K through the tenth grade in Guatemala.
- Must have excellent written and spoken English
- Minimum of Intermediate Spanish
- Marketing or NGO management experience
- Must be hospitable and flexible
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- College degree or equivalent experience
Requirements of job:
1. Ensure that LWH is following the set mission statement, vision, and values. *
2. Develop a yearly plan in coordination with the Executive Director and the Outreach Committee
3. Develop a yearly budget
4. Update the Outreach calendar throughout the year
5. Conduct official email and social media correspondence on behalf of LWH.
5.1. Ensure the following outlets maintain a consistent “look-and-feel” of the brand, including editing all marketing materials, even those of outside partners who mention LWH before release.
5.1.1. Newsletter - written quarterly with updates
5.1.2. Website - update regularly with new photos, information
5.1.3. Annual Report - to be created after release of previous years tax reports
5.1.5. Social Media
5.1.9. Media Packet
18.104.22.168.Update official branding documents, which include an Executive Description, Fact sheet, Donation sheet, Volunteer sheet, Group sheet, Staff Bios, letterhead and Powerpoint in Dec and June
6. Maintain official emails for fundraising campaigns and letters of gratitude to donors,
* Long Way Home is a 501(c)3 that uses sustainable design and materials to construct schools that promote education, employment and environmental stewardship. The organization’s core values and vision can be viewed at www.lwhome.org.
Housing is available on site. Location is an eco-friendly, zero waste educational campus built with trash. Beautiful hilltop views of Guatemalan countryside. Friendly and accommodating staff, crew and students.
Level of Language Proficiency
Intermediate spoken and reading comprehension Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required