312 Sutter Street
World Affairs Council
Sr. Communications and Engagement Manager
Global Philanthropy Forum
The Membership and Communications Manager will be responsible for managing information about, and communicating with, the GPF community, including its affiliates the African Philanthropy Forum and the Brazilian Philanthropy Forum. S/he is responsible for the management of all GPF collateral. S/he will coordinate media requests related to the GPF and work with the organization’s communications consultants. S/he also manages the registration for the GPF annual conference and communicates with the GPF community on a regular basis. The position offers an excellent perch from which to learn about philanthropy and its actors globally.
Job Title: Membership and Communications Manager, GPF
Reports to: CEO
Location: San Francisco, CA
· Create and execute campaigns across email marketing, website updates, social media and blog posts. Work cross-departmentally to maintain concurrent campaign calendars.
· Develop and implement social media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Ensure that the social media channels are interesting, informative and foster engagement among members of the GPF community. Monitor social media metrics to quantify success and suggest strategies for improvement.
· Manage the day-to-day content strategy for GPF’s website. Oversee the Content Management System (WordPress); Add content and media assets as needed; Manage relationships with external web-related vendors.
· Conduct outreach to prospective members and donor networks.
· Produce online quarterly newsletters focused on membership engagement for the GPF community.
· Manage outside media requests and materials; maintain relationship with the organization’s Communications Consultants.
· Project-manage the creation and production of printed collateral to support the annual GPF conference, including the conference program book, the prior year’s conference transcripts and any other GPF Collateral. Manage relationships with external graphic designers and print houses.
· Serve as the main contact for the GPF community, responding to inquiries by phone and through the information email inbox.
· Maintain communications and support relationships with GPF affiliates such as the African Philanthropy Forum and the Brazilian Philanthropy Forum.
· Manage registration for the annual GPF conference including answering conference inquiries, processing payments and managing onsite registration.
· Monitor and evaluate applications, research prospective members and respond to membership inquiries.
· Ensure the integrity of the Salesforce database for the GPF. Execute clean-up, data entry as well as generate and analyze reports.
· Help design the post conference survey for the GPF Conference. Administer the survey, prepare visual results and provide narrative analysis.
GPF Conference and GPF events throughout the year
· Provide support for conference planning and logistics for the annual GPF Conference, as well as other GPF programs undertaken during the year.
· Conduct research and manage discrete tasks as may be required from time to time in support of the organization's programs and priorities.
· Assist with World Affairs programs and events as needed and especially for its major events such as the Awards Dinner and other programs undertaken by the Global Policy Forum. And specifically, oversee all communications pertaining to Conversation Starters.
· 3 + years of experience in marketing communications with an emphasis on digital communications
· Knowledge of WordPress, Salesforce, HTML and Adobe Creative Suite
· Superb writer, comfortable in both long and short form; Strong editorial skills and experience
· Knowledge of web and social media best practices in a business setting, nonprofit experience preferred
· Experience with web project management and vendor supervision
· Experience working successfully in multi-discipline teams and across cultures
· Excellent organization and prioritization skills, with proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Professional, courteous, customer friendly manners in working with internal teams, GPF constituents, partners, and vendors
· Attention to detail and ability to work within tight deadlines
· Versatility to thrive in a fluctuating environment
· Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
Application Process Please send your resume and a cover letter as an attachment to email@example.com. Please reference the subject line as follows: “Sr. Communications and Engagement Manager" - Last name, First name”.
This is a full time, exempt position, with a competitive nonprofit salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required