Part Time Receptionist for the Montclair Cooperative School
- Job posted by Montclair Cooperative School
Details: Salary TBD
65 Chestnut Street
Overview of Position
The Montclair Cooperative School, a private Nursery-8th grade school located in Montclair, NJ seeks two part-time receptionist positions. The Receptionist is the first point of contact for our school, will manage our front desk on a daily basis, and will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The two different available shifts: one from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and another from 12:00 p.m-6:00 p.m.
The receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards. This role requires working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus. Other qualifications include:
● Successful work experience as a Receptionist or similar clerical role
● Proficiency with technology such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite applications, and online research
● Proficiency with office equipment (e.g. computer, mail meter, fax machine, printers)
● Friendly/pleasant demeanor and professional appearance
● Solid written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
● Customer service attitude and patience for working with a range of age groups
● High school degree minimum; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.
● Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the school.
● Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office or classroom
● Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
● Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
● Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
● Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
● Endorse all checks and record in excel cash receipts log
● Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges) will replace with Raptor instructions
● Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock of custodial supplies
● Update calendars and schedule meetings
● Offer light administrative support across the organization.
● Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
● Report to Assistant to the Head of School
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send a current resume and a cover letter that introduces themselves, describes qualifications, and explains their teaching philosophy to Namita Tolia, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter must be complete as it will serve as a writing