Position Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Wish of a Lifetime Canada (WOLC) is looking to hire its first employee in the role of Development Director. This position is responsible for designing, leading, growing and implementing all fundraising and donor relations efforts for the organization. WOLC began program operations in Canada and received its charitable status in 2016. Wish of a Lifetime’s head quarters, executive, administrative and program staff is located in Denver, Colorado and the organization has been in existence since 2008.
The Development Director is expected to originate and implement strategies and tactics to grow funding from all sources, including existing and new individual donors, private foundations, customized corporate partnerships, fundraising events and targeted grant applications. The position has direct responsibility for achievement of budgeted revenue goals and is expected to effectively communicate and coordinate development activities across the organization. Please note, this is a remote position, WOLC Director may expect mutual support from team members based in Denver, CO toward achievement of donor and sponsor development objectives, ongoing donor management and promotion of the program within Canada.
For more information about Wish of a Lifetime Canada, visit our website at www.wishofalifetime.ca
- Build and implement the organization’s fundraising strategy to achieve revenue/donation goals (Includes annual giving campaigns, fundraising events and ongoing individual, corporate and foundation development efforts.)
- Create and implement annual development plan in coordination with Executive Director and Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Lead prospecting and cultivation efforts for new donor, corporate sponsorship and foundation funding opportunities.
- Retain and grow relationships and funding from existing individual donors, corporate sponsors and foundations, personally and through coordination with other staff and organization leadership.
- Represent WOLC as the face of the organization at marketing, speaking and fundraising engagements within Canada.
- Lead and implement long term individual donor retention/stewardship plan.
- Work with WOL communications team to promote programming efforts to drive fundraising and awareness of program.
- Initiate and track grant proposals to targeted corporate and private foundations.
- Manage accountability reporting for grants awarded and received.
- Supervise reporting, analytics and database management to track and analyze all strategies to ensure efficiency, successful implementation and continuous improvement.
- Maintain database records and reporting including donor database and donation receipts, funding results and trends and fundraising budget.
- Work with Executive Director to track and motivate Board members’ to assist in expansion of fundraising commitments.
- Collaborate with WOL HQ staff to ensure seamless coordination of fundraising efforts with ongoing marketing and communications initatives, earned local & major national media and programming operations.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated performance based selling skills, specifically in the area of new business development and “cold call” prospecting.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or quotas.
- Strong communications and relationship management skills based on impeccable integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture strong partnerships.
- Success working with internal and external senior level executives.
- Demonstrated work history using CRM database to manage, track and report qualitative and quantitative sales progress.
- Self-motivated independent worker with strong collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including demonstrated ability to write persuasive letters, proposals and presentations.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of database marketing tools and ability to learn new systems rapidly.
- Essential Attributes: High energy, entrepreneurial, positive, flexible, collaborative, attention to detail, ability to take calculated risks, measure performance, and demonstrate an overall drive to build and shape a new and growing nonprofit organization.
The qualified candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution. Ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of either fundraising or business development experience in a service industry and/or with a nonprofit; emphasis on corporate sponsorships or corporate sales is a plus.
This position has frequent internal contact with all members of the WOL team including Board of Directors and frequent external contact with individual and corporate donors. Contact with external print and live media representatives.
Compensation will be commensurated with experience and will be eligible to be included in organization’s end of year bonus structure.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work expected of this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary from time to time based on the current needs of the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter and resume via email to Kaylah Malillos (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 30th, 2018.