About Malala Fund:
Malala Fund is working toward a world where all girls can learn for 12 years and lead without fear. We advocate for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education. The girls we serve have high goals for themselves — and we have high expectations for leaders who can help them. We invest in developing country education leaders and frontline organisations — the people who best understand girls in their communities — in regions where most girls are missing out on secondary school. We amplify girls’ voices. Malala Fund is building a movement of young education activists who, like Malala, speak truth to power around the world.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Digital Fundraising Strategist will work closely with Development and Communications teams to build a robust online giving and engagement programme to increase Malala Fund’s financial resources. The Strategist will help grow the number of donors via online platforms including social media and email, institute best practices and collaborate with the Digital Manager and Social Media Associate on campaigns to convert followers and email subscribers to donors.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, adept at developing innovative strategies and skilled in creating clear and compelling messages for diverse digital audiences. S/he should have a keen understanding of emerging digital products and platforms and how they can best be used to maximize fundraising.
• Works with Development and Communications to design and implement online campaigns to grow number of subscribers and grassroots donors.
• Coordinates with Communications team to develop a monthly email calendar that incorporates advocacy actions, donation asks and general supporter engagement.
• Drafts compelling email messages for digital fundraising campaigns, working with Advocacy and Programmes team to source content.
• Oversees email list and segments audiences using best practises.
• Analyses email and digital metrics, implementing test plans to optimize web, email and social media strategies as related to fundraising.
• Implements and maintains evergreen programmes for monthly donor recruitment, peer-to-peer fundraising pages on Classy and Facebook, renewals and middle major donor upgrade campaigns.
• Manages relationships with external vendors to make sure Malala Fund’s online donation products are up to date and troubleshoot technical issues for donors when needed.
• Tracks and reports on key fundraising metrics and ROI.
• 5-7 years online fundraising experience, ideally with start-up, social entrepreneur or non-profit organisations.
• Track record of establishing digital fundraising strategies on annual and short-term timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to research, write, fact-check and edit communication pieces for target audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, handle simultaneous assignments and work in a team setting.
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS for email templates.
• Experience using email marketing software and CRM tools; experience with IBM Watson and Salesforce a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter and two writing samples of fundraising emails to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Digital Fundraising Strategist” in the title of your email.
Please note that due to the very high number of applications we receive every time a position is posted, we are unfortunately only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process.
Malala Fund is committed to safeguarding children and employment with our team is conditional upon successfully completing a background check.