43 Foundry Ave
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The Human Resources Department has an opening for a Human Resources Coordinator II, reporting to the Sr. HR Manager, at EDC headquarters in Massachusetts.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
The Human Resources Coordinator II administers Human Resources programs, with a high level of customer service commitment and the ability to work independently to meet goals (with general supervision).
Acting with significant autonomy and discretion, the Human Resources Coordinator II
• Supports HR-related administrative processes and services in an accurate and timely manner for a specific group of employees in the US and abroad
• Assists with research into country-specific labor laws, compensation, development of country-specific handbooks, and field office start-up, maintenance and shut-down activities
• Assists with researching potential benefits and benefit providers in international locations, developing and documenting benefits packages and field office orientations
• Organizes and updates international HR SharePoint site
• May assist with posting job opportunities and advertising; maintains applicant information and the applicant tracking system (ATS)
• May assist with applicant screening and selection
• May work with other HR staff and project staff to refine recruiting protocols and carry out recruiting efforts as assigned
• Performs various assigned duties to balance workload, assists with data entry and processing
• Has access to HIPAA-related files in accordance with HIPAA regulations
• Organizes and schedules meetings and training events: schedules trainers, space; tracks employee responses; prepares materials as needed; summarizes evaluations
• May assist with administering employee benefits programs such as health, dental, and vision insurances, retirement plans, life & AD&D insurance, long-term disability insurance, long term care insurance, flexible spending programs, etc.
• May assist with COBRA administration and compliance for exiting employees
• Serves as back-up to HR Coordinators and HR Generalists
• Back up for Senior Administrative Assistant
• Responsible for supporting documentation requirements and departmental filing
• Responsible for all labor law postings and notices
• May be responsible for individual orientations; back up for company-wide orientation
• Participates in other duties as assigned
The Human Resources Coordinator II
• Interacts effectively with diverse staff with competing priorities
• Influences decision-makers
• Confers with management staff and project teams to evaluate administrative support requirements
• Facilitates teamwork; engages collaboratively in feedback
• Coordinates issue clarification; troubleshoots problems, ensuring coordination between parties, and negotiates solutions
• Trains support staff
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
• Associate’s degree or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training & education preferred
• With Associate’s degree, 4–6 years related Human Resources and Benefits experience, including solid experience with 3 or more computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS systems, and reporting features)
• With Bachelor’s degree, 2–4 years related experience (as above)
• Strong organizational & analytical skills and aptitude for details
• Thorough knowledge of human resources policies and procedures, as well as employee benefits, and their application in the day-to-day working environment
• Able to exercise sound judgment and excellent communications skills, and to work well under pressure, take initiative, be flexible, and handle highly confidential information appropriately
• Customer service orientation
• International HR experience including knowledge of USAID policies and regulations a plus
EDC, 43 Foundry Ave, Waltham, MA 02453
No phone calls, please
As an EOE/AA employer, EDC does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. EDC is a smoke-free workplace.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in second language strongly desirable; Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required