165 8th Street
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Communications Manager is ECS’s expert wordsmith and visual storyteller who will compellingly communicate the impact and needs of the organization to external stakeholders with consistent, engaging messaging, drawing deeply on the success stories of people exiting homelessness. As part of an integrated fundraising and community engagement team, the Communications Manager will collaboratively develop and be the primary implementer of ECS’s annual communications goals and strategies, interweaving digital and print collateral, direct mail, event communications, and earned media tactics. The Communications Manager reports to the Director of Development and supports the ongoing work of the larger Development Department.
Strategic Message Development & Implementation
With guidance from the Director of Development and the Executive Director, the Communications Manager will:
• Serve as the primary point of contact for the media;
• Evaluate the efficacy of communication tools and messages by tracking engagement metrics,
feedback, and responses;
• Research and propose strategic opportunities to increase community awareness and donor
engagement with the agency;
• In collaboration with the Executive Director and Fund Development Director, create and
implement an annual communications plan with identifiable metrics;
• Protect and advance the organization brand, including vetting and supporting external requests
for use of the brand (e.g. third party events, strategic partners), and developing and managing ECS’s
• Collaboratively develop and manage key messaging and audience experience for special events,
including script, collateral, video, and other key touch points.
• Build a current and comprehensive press/media contact list, nurture press/media relationships,
and identify, develop, and pitch compelling client success stories, press releases, Op-eds, and other
• Develop, propose, and manage an annual budget for communications and marketing expenses
The Communications Manager should expect to spend significant time on print and digital content
creation, including but not limited to:
• Prepare, write, and distribute press releases, social media and traditional press content; Handle
media queries in partnership with the Executive Director, liasing with press and other media contacts.
Track media coverage relating to ECS, keeping an eye on developments within our sector;
• Website build-out and maintenance, electronic and print newsletters, email blasts, donor
appeals, prepare public speaking talking points and presentations, grants, annual reports, special events,
video, and agency collateral;
• Creating the majority of communications content in-house, drawing upon the graphic design skills
of an in-house Development Associate and, as needed, coordinating with vendors and outside
consultants (e.g. graphic designers, web developer, video producer);
• Support all functions of the Development & Community Engagement Department (including
grants, volunteer and corporate partners, individual giving, fundraising campaigns) to ensure compelling,
clear, and consistent content, and to generate further engagement.
Development Team Support
As a collaborative member of the Development & Community Engagement Department, the
Communications Manager will support the preparation and execution of key organizational events.
Related tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate media, marketing, and press for special events
• Cultivate celebrity spokesperson(s) for ongoing engagement or support PR efforts led by outside
• Event staffing and engagement with event attendees;.
• Participate and contribute to the ECS Fund Development team, including staff meetings, work
planning, business development and marketing;
• Attend conferences or learning opportunities as identified;
• Other duties as assigned.
Accountability and Review
Position reports to: Director of Development
Performance review: Annual
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Digital Design, Public Relations, Marketing or related field; and
• 4-5 years of progressive experience in digital communications, writing, and editing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Proficiency in key design programs including InDesign and Adobe Illustrator;
• Demonstrated success in digital marketing, press, and social media management (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Huffpost) with experience utilizing email marketing platforms (e.g. iContact, Constant Contact, MailChimp) and scheduling/metrics tools;
• Knowledge of communications strategies and media relations, including print, electronic, Web, social media and other e-communication/interactive tools;
• Experience with developing and implementing a communication project plan;
• Ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary, collaborative, team environment; manage multiple projects and priorities; exercise solid judgement on a range of issues; and the ability to work cooperatively to meet internal and external requests.
• Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations;
• Knowledge of communications strategies in a nonprofit organization;
• Excellent writing and editing skills, adapting to tones and formats as varied as formal press releases, brief tweets, and conversational copy;
• Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills coupled with a strong creative sensibility, and ability to think strategically;
• Demonstrated superior attention to detail;
• Ability to take initiative and pursue goals with minimal supervision;
• Expert proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote, and Outlook;
• Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of ECS.
Must secure finger image screening and annual TB screening. Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position which may include long periods at a desk and/or computer workstation, daily travel to various sites, and lifting of up to 25 lbs. Must be available to work nights and weekends, as needed, for special events.
ECS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
EPISCOPAL COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Competitive salary and generous benefits offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to:
Justin Hurd, Human Resources
675 Minna Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Or you may fax your cover letter and resume to fax number (844) 849-5323.
Please include the Position Number of the position for which you are applying.