Details: Commiserate with qualifications and experience
837 W 119th St, Chicago
Roseland Area Reconnection Hub Outreach Specialist
Organization and Position Overview
Phalanx Family Services has recently launched Chicago's first Reconnection Hub to reduce barriers to social services and provide a comprehensive supportive network for opportunity youth ages 16 - 24. The primary goal in our first year is to reconnect 300 + OY to opportunities for high school or GED completion, in addition to college and / or job training and placement. Paramount to achieving this goal is working with other CBOs, agencies and various support systems to address the range of barriers preventing participants from persisting in the areas of academic completion, and job / career advancement.
Founded in 2002, and located in the West Pullman / Roseland area, Phalanx Family Services provides services and programs towards the economic and social stability of families and youth ages 16-24. Phalanx is organized into two separate, yet collaborative, adult services and a youth services divisions. Both divisions focus on delivering positive life skills and job readiness coaching for both youth and adult populations, while providing traditional supportive social services. Beyond traditional social services delivery, both divisions seek to support participants by identifying jobs that lead to career paths.
The work is delivered by a compassionate and committed staff of 32 full-time and 10 part-time employees who work together in support of clients overcoming immediate barriers, while striving towards a greater pathway to achieving more systemic and sustainable growth. The Phalanx team is comprised of case managers, job developers, trainers, coaches who provide direct services and support staff, in addition to partnerships with community based organizations invested in this work.
Phalanx Family Services is searching for an outreach specialist with a passion for social justice advocacy, strong communication skills and mastery of social media tools. The Outreach Specialist will support the coordination and delivery efforts, including; research, planning, networking, and the organization and execution of outreach activities. Outreach efforts will be carried out through traditional and web based methods. This new position will help plan and execute the traditional and online components of the outreach efforts through the implementation of creative content and communication plans that help achieve the outreach objectives. This position will provide direct services to youth participants with consideration to the outreach work load.
We are seeking a highly motivated community facing person to be our Roseland Area Reconnection Hub Outreach Specialist. The ideal candidate will have excellent written, editorial and oral communication skills. This person will be comfortable working both independently and in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing long-term goals and objectives to achieve successful outcomes
- Ongoing development, strategic planning and delivery of an intentional outreach plan
- Developing and strengthening new and existing relationships
- Supporting the tracking of outreach success and / or suggesting corrective action based on data
- Utilizing the Now Pow case management records and services directory tool
- Continue grow knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Story Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
Organizing the Outreach Effort
- Establishing, optimizing and reporting on social media campaigns
- Monitor the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how clients can best leverage new tools and services
- Maintain understanding of new and evolving service and program offerings internally and externally
- Research target audience interests / activities on social media to develop targeting strategy
Pushing the Outreach Effort
- Communicate with clients and stakeholders about the strength of the Roseland Area Reconnection Hub service model and its’ primary directory / database technology tool – Now Pow
- Production support as needed, including; reports, marketing mediums, visual story creation
- Manage general Reconnection Hub email accounts and voicemail
- Write and utilize impact stories featuring participants upon their consent.
- Seek out media and other opportunities to raise awareness of the Roseland Area Reconnection Hub mission, services and partnerships
- Coordinate the delivery of various communications among CBOs, and partners to insure scheduled effective and efficient messaging
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of planning and executing strategic branded communication plans
- Experience with leading social media tools with knowledge of advance features and tools
- Critical and creative thinker with the ability to be agile
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to work independently / collaboratively
- Self-motivated, solutions orientated and comfortable with change
- Proven record of successful project management and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, Prezi, Google tools
- Skilled with Microsoft Suite, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Eventbrite, and website templates
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and conduct primary research
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining strategic relationships
- Ability to multitask and be adaptable within a newly formed service model
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to closely collaborate with, and engage a wide variety of people, including: volunteers, board members, colleagues, local and citywide partners, supporters, and participants
- Basic graphic design skills a plus
Position Type: Full Time
The ideal candidate for this position will have a unique blend of the following:
- A passion for social justice advocacy and community organizing
- Community Based Organization Communications / Marketing experience: 5 + years (Preferred)
- Sales / Marketing experience implementing creative and modern techniques
- Knowledge and successful practice utilizing social media marketing techniques and metrics
Level of Language Proficiency
Verbal and written English and Spanish fluency ideal
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, links to previous social media work to:
Mrs. Rush, Roseland Area Reconnection Hub Director / email@example.com