Details: The position is full-time. Salary is commensurate with experience, ranging from $60,000-$70,000, plus benefits.
9 S. Bryn Mawr Avenue
ElderNet of Lower Merion and Narberth is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), that provides free, practical volunteer and social work services, as well as a choice food pantry to residents of Lower Merion Township and Narberth Borough, living with limited incomes. ElderNet is a 40 year old established and impactful organization whose mission is to provide a safety net for older and disabled adults to help them remain in their homes with dignity, and strengthen food and financial security for all community members in need of support.
IN SEARCH OF AN INNOVATIVE COMMUNITY LEADER
ElderNet is currently seeking a passionate Executive Director who cares about the mission and serving vulnerable people in our community so as to assure their dignity. We seek a leader who appreciates community-based strategies that encourage social service interventions and neighbors helping neighbors through the support of a volunteer work force. With a small dedicated staff of only seven employees, and a large cadre of compassionate volunteers, ElderNet improves lives and strengthens communities.
The leader we seek will be a relationship builder, innovative thinker, visionary, and a problem solver working with an amazing team to improve the lives of individuals who are often unable to meet their basic needs, while living with complex psychosocial and medical issues.
The Executive Director operates under the direction of the Board of Directors and reports directly to the Board President. The Executive Director is the principal agency leader who plans, develops, and establishes the policies and objectives of the organization in conjunction with the Board of Directors, Strategic Plan, and agency charter. Responsibilities include:
• Plan, execute, and evaluate all agency programs at ElderNet and the Ada Mutch Community Resource Center and Food Pantry.
• Recruit, manage and evaluate all personnel and interns with an emphasis on retention.
• Support volunteer recruitment and retention strategies with assistance of Volunteer Coordinator.
• Prepare and manage the budget, in concert with the Financial and Administrative Manager.
• Oversee and participate in activities required to prepare, submit, and manage funding proposals for Montgomery County, Lower Merion Township, and other public and private sources.
• Cultivate and build relationships to develop corporate sponsorship and expand individual donor base.
• Oversee internal fundraising events/mailers.
• Represent ElderNet to key stakeholders and the public and advise the board on strategic alliances within the community.
• Be informed about issues and legislation affecting older or disabled adults and advocate on their behalf.
• Produce monthly staff reports and annual report.
• Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors, attending each meeting and serving on board committees.
• Perform additional duties at the request of the Board of Directors.
· Advance degree, preferably with a concentration in Social Work Management or Administration
· At least five years of work experience in a community social service agency
· Two years of supervision / management preferred
· Ability to successfully manage and motivate staff, encouraging team work
· Ability to relate well to the public and to represent the agency in the community
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience with grant writing
· Working knowledge of budgeting, business development, and strategic planning
· Financial leadership and oversight experience, including accounting, reporting, and budget management in the non-profit arena
· Knowledge of Lower Merion/Narberth community and local resources a plus
· Requires ability to climb stairs and lift 25 pounds
· Requires successful passing of PA State Police Criminal Background Check
· We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via email to:
- Attn: Board of Directors, ElderNet of Lower Merion and Narberth