Reporting to the director of development, the development associate provides administrative support for the institute’s philanthropic activities. The duration of this assignment is expected to be six months.
- Provides general administrative support to the development team.
- Provides administrative support for a number of PPIC’s sponsorship campaigns and programs.
- Coordinates cultivation and stewardship events, including coordinating invitation lists, logistics, and event-related materials.
- Handles gift processing, and maintenance of the donor database system and ensures timely acknowledgement of gifts.
- Provides support as needed to PPIC leadership on development-related activities including donor visits, meetings, events, proposals, and other materials.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years comparable experience in a fundraising/development environment, preferably in a foundation, government, research, or university setting.
- Direct experience planning and executing events and meetings.
- Excellent MS Office, spreadsheet, and donor database skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively and independently manage competing priorities. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of financial information.
PPIC values the wide variety of backgrounds and experiences of our staff, and key elements in the consideration of qualified candidates include excellence; diversity of talents, backgrounds, and viewpoints; and a strong fit with the institute’s mission, values, and goals.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be considered as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. Please tailor your cover letter to highlight how your credentials meet the qualifications listed above. Submit your cover letter as a text document in the field provided, and include your resume as an attachment to the application.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, PPIC is committed to excellence through diversity. We encourage women and members of minority groups to apply. AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.