JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant / Development Associate
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
Summary: The Executive Assistant/ Development Officer is responsible for providing executive support to Westhab's President & CEO and Executive Team, and extensive involvement with Fundraising and external communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Completes a broad variety of tasks for the President & CEO including:
- · Calendar management, screening calls, preparing letters and other documents, including many items that are confidential in nature.
- · Communicates on behalf of the President and CEO with Board members, donors, service partner’s staff, and others, on a broad range of agency initiatives.
- · Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- · Preparation for quarterly board meetings including the advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format, preparing agendas and minutes, and recording all Board resolutions.
- · Manages a variety of special projects for the President including a series of annual staff events.
- · Responsible for publishing the staff newsletter quarterly.
Completes a broad variety of fundraising tasks including:
- · Supports agency fundraising activities through managing the donor database including processing contributions, producing reports and mailing lists, and preparing acknowledgement letters.
- · Coordinates planning and logistics of special events as needed.
- · Conducts research on prospective donors.
- · Prepares print collateral for donor meetings.
- Assists with agency communications efforts including basic graphic design, photography, social media posting, and website updates.
- · Other duties as assigned.
Strong written and organizational skills that reflect ability to lead
large projects and perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
Minimum Education Required