Part Time Temporary
55 Exchange Place, Suite 601
Title: Temp Assistant, College Persistence
Department: College Scholars
Reports to: Operations Manager, College Scholars
SEO College Scholars has an immediate opening for Temp Assistant to provide technical support to the department’s operational functions. The Temp Assistant will assist with the transcript collection process from June 2018 through mid-July 2018, 3-days per week and 4 hours per day, with a possibility to extend if the project takes longer to complete.
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college–with a 90% college graduation rate. In high school, we offer intensive year-round academic preparation via a carefully-calibrated, rigorously-assessed course of supplemental education. In college, we continue to support students through each of their four years, providing one-on-one academic, personal and career exploration support. For the 2017-2018 school year SEO is serving almost 1000 high school students and we are serving over 670 college students attending schools in 180 campuses across 25 States.
SEO Scholars is a College Board Innovation Award Winner (2011), has received independent evaluation from Policy Studies Associates confirming the program's effectiveness, and in 2013 won the "Effective Philanthropy in Urban Communities" grant from Columbia Business School, after competing with 137 non- profits in the Education sector. SEO has received media coverage on USA Today, New York Post, NBC News Education Nation, and ABC7, to name a few.
Additional information on SEO Scholars can be found on our website: www.seoscholars.org
· Assist with the timely collection, tracking, and processing of student transcripts
· Scan and upload transcripts for college students
· Mail scholarship and stipend payments for all students
· Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Currently attending university, or a recent Bachelor’s degree candidate
· Prior experience in maintaining accurate records and tracking projects containing multiple tasks and phases
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and complete all tasks and work with a sense of urgency
· Approach all work with an outcome-oriented and data-driven mindset
· Must have an exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to manage numerous large and small-scale projects that have multiple steps and varying deadlines, working with fervor to meet any and all deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, and high level of professionalism
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Jon Adonailo at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Temp Assistant” in subject heading. The salary for this position is $15/hr. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Minimum Education Required