Workplace Mentoring, Associate Program Manager
- Job posted by Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City
Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
40 Rector Street
About BBBS of NYC
For over 112 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City (BBBS of NYC) has been supporting New York City's neediest youth, providing them with the support and guidance of a one-to-one mentorship, which is overseen by the agency's team of case managers. Established in 1904, BBBS of NYC has remained committed to serving children and youth with impactful mentoring experiences. We reach over 5,000 students every year through partnerships with schools, local organizations, and government agencies. Together we work towards our vision: that all children achieve success in life. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity in New York City with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 mentoring relationships with adults that change their lives for the better, forever. We partner with families, volunteers, organizations and the community to inspire positive change in all.
The Workplace Mentoring Program matches employees from corporations around NYC with junior high and high school students in one-to-one mentoring relationships through structured program activities supported onsite by Program Managers. Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC seeks an Associate Program Manager for the Workplace Mentoring Program with strong case management skills who can cultivate lasting relationships between our corporate sponsors and the schools we work with. A successful candidate will have strong communication skills, a dynamic and upbeat personality, excellent presentation skills, and the ability to effectively engage all participants and manage programs from a strength-based approach.
Education: Master of Social Work and/or Human Services/Psychology graduates preferred
Experience: 1-2 years social work experience preferred with a Master’s Degree
3-4 years social work experience preferred with a Bachelors Degree
Skills: Interviewing, assessment, outreach, advocacy, organizational skills, strong written and verbal skills, program management and computer knowledge. Excellent public speaking skills and group facilitation skills are required.
- Manage site based one-to-one mentoring programs at multiple corporate locations.
- Conduct and assess client psychosocial interviews, write assessments and collect supporting information from collaborating schools to determine disposition based on eligibility, needs, goals, and/or acceptance for agency services.
- Conduct ongoing direct communication with School Coordinators and Principals to provide accurate agency and program info.
- Work with corporations and schools to develop individualized program and plan
- Facilitate all program functions and group activities based on designed curriculum.
- Conduct outreach to volunteers, including site community presentations and partnerships with local businesses and colleges.
- Facilitate orientations for potential volunteers, youth participants, and their parents/guardians.
- Match youth with adult volunteers in one to one mentoring relationships.
- On-site supervision of matches on program days; provide support and additional training to volunteers. Monitor closely for clinical and safety issues that may arise. Intervene and engage parents, provide referrals to appropriate external community resources.
- Maintain professional records of all case supervision contacts.
- Coordinate and participate in conferences with school personnel for individual youth as needed
- Participate in interdepartmental events and teams
- Other agency and program related duties as assigned
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- 15 paid vacation days year 1, 20 paid vacation days year 2 and after, 12 sick days, 3 personal days and 11 paid holidays
- 403b Retirement employer contribution
- Annual flu shots and health screenings
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . In the subject please put “Associate Program Manager-Workplace Mentoring”. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will NOT be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability with respect to employment opportunities. EEO/AA Employer.