UAHT seeks a dedicated and empathetic individual for the full-time Prevention Specialist position within the Programs Department. The Prevention Specialist is primarily responsible for implementing Demand Reduction Programs, such as facilitating a close-ended support group for men and those who have bought sex. The position will also be responsible for conducting outreach to men and sex buyers. The position reports to the Demand Reduction Manager.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required. Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or other social sciences strongly preferred.
· Experience with facilitating or working with close-ended support groups.
· Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the nonprofit sector and/or social services.
· Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and efficiency.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills to coordinate and execute events.
· Strong the ability to apply compassion and empathy while dealing with interpersonal skills in stressful and difficult situations.
· Ability to work and interact with diverse groups of people.
· Ability to tolerate intense affect, including expressions of resentment, objectification of women, and violence.
· Ability to contain others’ anxiety as well as one’s own anxiety.
· Ability to recognize and maintain appropriate boundaries.
· Adaptable working schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
· Proficient computer skills to operate programs (Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint).
· Proven ability to work as a team-player while maintaining positive working relationships.
· Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and reliable personal transportation.
1. Coordinate and implement Demand Reduction Programs for men and individuals who have purchased sex, including disruption initiatives.
2. Facilitate a weekly Demand Reduction close-ended support group for men and individuals who have purchased sex.
3. Organize bi-monthly operations to disrupt buyer demand for commercial sex acts.
4. Develop a program to engage men in the fight against sex and labor trafficking.
5. Recruit male participants for Demand Reduction Programs through partnerships with the criminal justice system, law enforcement, and other organizations.
6. Facilitate Community Engagement Initiatives at least four times a month to connect with local organizations to inform the public about UAHT’s Demand Reduction Initiatives and other programs.
7. Assist UAHT staff with special projects on an as needed basis and other duties as assigned by the Strategic Initiatives Manager.
UAHT seeks a dedicated and empathetic individual for the full-time Prevention Specialist position within the Programs Department. The Prevention Specialist is primarily responsible for implementing Demand…
United Against Human Trafficking (UAHT), is an organization whose mission is to end human trafficking through educating the community, preventing exploitation, and empowering survivors. We fight so that all may live free.
UAHT is an equal opportunity employer and provides a number of benefits to qualified employees.
Normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, however this is a full-time position requiring flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
The application deadline will be open until filled. To learn more about the organization, visit www.uaht.org.
United Against Human Trafficking (UAHT), is an organization whose mission is to end human trafficking through educating the community, preventing exploitation, and empowering…