Youth In Motion 85 Broadway St
For Kids Only Afterschool is seeking a highly motivated out-of-school time leader to manage and lead the day-to-day administration of its Youth In Motion program. The Youth In Motion Program Director will believe in the overall mission and goals of Youth In Motion’s innovative program model which combines traditional afterschool services with a program-wide emphasis on healthy nutrition, physical activity and fitness, and the promotion of healthy lifestyle choices.
· Ensures the adherence to FKO’s personnel policies and program practices.
· Ensures program is in compliance with federal, state, and EEC regulations.
· Plans and oversees the implementation of Youth In Motion programming with emphasis on health and fitness-focused curriculum and activities for school age children.
· In collaboration with the Youth In Motion Health and Wellness Coordinator, develops, manages and controls budgets related to assigned areas. Ensures program operates within budget, annual tuition income enrollment goals are met and that program fees are collected.
·Collaborates with Health and Wellness Coordinator and program staff to design and implement family and community events for the program.
· Coordinates and manages day-to-day transportation of children to and from program.
· Performs all administrative duties in assigned area; ensures preparation and submission
of all required reports are submitted on time and accurately.
· Oversees special projects and grants to ensure anticipated outcomes are met.
· Performs all other duties related to advancing the quality of programming that the Director of Operations deems necessary.
Supervision and Staff Development
· Develops supervisory standards for the program and adhere to the standards.
· Supervises all employees, volunteers and interns within the Youth In Motion program. Makes recommendations for salary adjustments, dismissals, and promotions for employees in the program.
· Recruits, hires, trains, schedules and directs assigned staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
· Supervises the development of training, professional development and ongoing coaching for staff.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities (interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, and performance evaluation) in accordance with FKO policies and applicable laws.
· Monitors and updates any required staff certifications.
· Reviews and approves employee time sheets.
Collaborative Relationships and Public Relations
· Develops an atmosphere of support for the program within the community.
· Collaborates with Youth In Motion Health and Wellness Coordinator and FKO Marketing and Outreach Specialist to identify, develop and maintain relationships with partner agencies. Works directly with partners to strengthen and expand Youth In Motion programs and services.
· Acts as a resource for families and community partners.
· Collaborates with Health and Wellness Coordinator and Marketing and Outreach Specialist on program communication and marketing materials, i.e. brochures, press releases, newsletters, etc.
· Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing preventative maintenance.
· Ensures compliance with all fire, health, and building depts., etc. to stay in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
· Communicates any and all maintenance issues and projects to Supervisor. as requested.
· Monitors usage of facility utilities (i.e. heat, electric, etc.).
· Ensures building security.
·Bachelor’s Degree required, with degree in Education, Physical Education, Health and Wellness or related field preferred.
· Minimum of two years’ experience working with school-age children in a supervisory role.
· Minimum of 20 years old and must pass Background Check (CORI, DCF, SORI, Fingerprint)
· Knowledge of children’s physical, emotional, and developmental patterns.
· Knowledge of general learning theories and curriculum development.
· Ability to administer a program budget.
· Demonstrated professional skills in the areas of curriculum planning; training and professional development; program goal setting; federal, state and city funding sources; and establishing procedures for evaluating the progress of individual children and staff.
· Ability to discern when enrolled children may need special medical or psychological services.
· Ability to make independent decisions, which adhere to the purpose, mission, and values of FKO.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to delegate authority judiciously.
· Evidence of emotional maturity and stability.
· Highly demonstrated personal integrity.
· Passion for high standards and believes in the mission of FKO and Youth In Motion.
· Ability to travel throughout the state to meetings/trainings/workshops.
· Willing to accept other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Minimum Education Required