Details: Four days a week Sept-June, one day a week July-August.
208 Race Street
LightHouse Holyoke is an innovative educational program for teens choosing to pursue a personalized approach to their education. Guided by an advisor, LightHouse teens develop their own goals and learn at their own pace in a supportive, bilingual community. Teens have the opportunity to pursue learning through classes, individual tutorials, independent studies, volunteer work in the community, and through their own natural exploration and inquiry.
The Business Manager is responsible for oversight of all business operations of the program. Collaboratively with the Executive Director and the Office Manager, the Business Manager will create, enhance, and manage systems and processes related to the financial and business transactions of the organization. These duties include:
- Track and monitor weekly income and expenditure reports
- Maintain oversight of tuition management system, tuition payments, and collections
- Manage and update financial policies and administrative practices
- Track cash flow status and maintain updated cash flow projections
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for payroll service
- Prepare for annual 990 IRS submission and other required financial legal filings
- Maintain annual budget records in QuickBooks
- Review QuickBooks data on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Maintain all licenses and certificates for the business
- Serve as key liaison with LightHouse tuition to contract services
- Serve as a staff representative to the Board of Directors Finance Committee
- Prepare documentation and financial presentations for the Executive Director, the Board, and its subcommittees
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director to brief her on financial issues
- Meet regularly with the Treasurer and Executive Director, and in preparation for Board meetings
- Supervise the Office Manager collaboratively with the Executive Director
- Serve as backup for reception and for the telephones
- Oversight of accounts payable and receivable processes
- Support the Executive Director and/or other staff in various administrative tasks related to business operations
- Support teens in their educational experience at LightHouse through informal conversation and directing them to the proper resources or staff members
The Business Manager reports to the Executive Director.
We are seeking an individual with, above all else, a desire to work in an environment with young people. The ideal candidate will meet many of the following criteria:
- Experience in relevant fields including business, finance, bookkeeping, nonprofit management, and education
- Skill and experience with financial reporting, projections, and general accounting standards and systems
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Welcoming and compassionate personality
- Comfort with computers (Macs), including experience with QuickBooks and the Microsoft Office suite
- Professional experience in education/working with young people is a plus
- Sense of humor, desire to have fun, laugh, and enjoy what we are doing!
- A desire to be part of a team that strives to make decisions collaboratively and to work together cooperatively
- Familiarity with Holyoke and its surrounding communities
- Demonstrated commitment to creating inclusive environments, as well as to understanding and addressing issues of social (in)justice
The Business Manager position is a year round position. From August 27 through June 14 (the academic year) the Business Manager will work 20 hours-per-week, Monday through Thursday, 9:00am-2:30pm, with a 30 minute daily lunch break. From June 15 through August 26 (summer) the Business Manager will work one day per week (day to be determined), from 9:00am-2:30pm (with a 30 minute lunch break).
LightHouse Holyoke is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, disability, or any other protected category.
LightHouse Holyoke provides staff with a paid personal/sick time benefit, and paid vacations during student vacations (December, February, April). We do not currently offer health, dental, or retirement benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language fluency a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references. Applications received prior to April 25 will be given priority consideration.