Manager, Development Services-Can be remote
- Job posted by Prison Fellowship National Office - Northern Virginia
44180 Riverside Parkway
Overview: Support and enhance Prison Fellowship’s development efforts by providing research on individual major partners and ministry partner prospects. Use a variety of sources to gather information and develop profiles. Oversee the Prospect Management System by identifying, assigning, and tracking prospects. Oversee the Portfolio Review meetings by preparing data, communicating information to the development team, and conducting the meetings. Analyze available information to focus and maximize the development team’s efforts. Develop and implement database improvements and strategies to maximize SGT use of the database. Coach, mentor and develop all direct reports for optimal performance. Become an active participant in your employee’s performance journal which will provide on-going feedback. Facilitate annual PDP's and provide regular feedback. Recommend continuing education.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and compile information regarding current individual donors, foundations, and planned giving donor prospects. Develop profiles using both standard and novel prospect research techniques and tools to profile and qualify existing and prospective ministry partners. Coordinate as needed on issues related to existing or existing or prospective major ministry partners. Extrapolate and verify information, then evaluate, organize, and edit data into comprehensive, tailored profile reports.
- Coordinate all research aspects for Strategic Gifts, including creating and implementing procedures, managing the research policies and procedures, maintaining the research request database and coordinating proactive research by meeting the needs of the Development Directors, Mid-Major reps and general donor constituencies in migrating donors up and down the giving pyramid. Represent research team at meetings and communicate research policies and procedures.
- Major Gifts Campaign – Manage the research program for the upcoming campaign. Identify, evaluate and recommend current and potential major gift prospects and assess their ability to financially support a $200 Million major gifts campaign.
- Supervise: Manage and mentor the Prospect Researcher. Strengthen professional development of prospect researcher and team. Mange the research effort by establish priorities. Assign research requests and ensure deadlines are successfully met. Coordinate proactive research including reviewing screening overlay results and bios for events and SGT prospects and donors.
- Strategy: Work with VP, Strategic Gifts, to organize and coordinate monthly strategy meetings. At these meetings work with development staff to develop, cultivation and solicitation strategies and facilitate moves management. Also, identify new donors for SGT through proactive research and present findings at strategy meetings. Make recommendations regarding potential new donors as well as moving donors down the giving pyramid.
- Research Resources & Budget – Track and manage the research portion of the budget including the evaluation, purchase and reuse of research resources. Represent research team in future electronic screening vendor selection.
- Professional Development – maintain expertise on research best practices by attending conferences.
- Development Administration and Information Management- Creates management reports for Senior Leadership, by compiling data from different sources. Monitors donation management and compliance of development information systems (NGOC) and develops new reporting processes to meet the needs of the department and the Ministry. Monitors database management (NGOC) for efficiency and accuracy of donation and constituent processing. Trains Development staff in proper use of NGOC, SharePoint and other development systems or open-shelf product use, as they relate to the Development department.
- Prospect Development and Information Management- Supports fundraising for all business unites; identifies and researches individual, Ministry prospects, both proactively and in response to Director or staff requests; supervises and trains development staff to support best practices prospect research and to comply with internal prospect management systems (NGOC). Creates and administers a centralized process for prospect and interested-party name capture, interest coding, and retrieval for future use; oversees regular prospect review tracking, meetings, and follow up reports. Designs and implements effective prospect briefing and tracking materials for prospect review sessions and for use by Executive staff, Board of Directors and other fundraisers. Provides current information about prospects and donors at briefings and to staff/volunteers. Maintains the prospect research library.
- Donor and Constituent Relations, Communications and Publications- Supports and works in collaboration with Ministry-wide development of guest lists and invitation mailings for special events.
Minimum years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years demonstrated experience researching libraries, databases, and online resources to accomplish work; training in prospect research
Education: Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework; previous training in research techniques
Knowledge areas: Background in development; background in major gifts a plus
Computer/Technology Skills: Excellent knowledge and highly proficient in Excel; basic knowledge of Word, Outlook
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Percentage of travel required: 10%
Other Skills: Ability to appropriately handle confidential information; Strong organizational skills & attention to detail; Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in the organization
Christian faith consistent with the Prison Fellowship Statement of Faith. (http://www.prisonfellowship.org/about/statement-of-faith/ )
Satisfactory Criminal Background Check
Dental, Vision, Heath Care. Group Life, Short Term Disability, Retirement Plan, 15 days vacation, 14 days holidays, sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required