2920 International Boulevard
Health Care Quality Improvement Director
Health Information Systems (HIS)
Chief Medical Officer
Native American Health Center, 2920 International Blvd, Oakland, CA 94601
Full Time, 100% FTE, 40 Hours per Week
The Quality Improvement Director (QID) is responsible for leading continuous quality improvement efforts to strengthen and advance quality, safety, experience and affordability aspects of clinical care and practice for NAHC Members and the communities we serve. The QID will redesign and oversee the Health Information Systems (HIS) team, provide support to all clinical departments (medical, dental and behavioral health) and responsible for the management of all health information systems within NAHC. In conjunction with the CMO, the QID ensures data integrity, utilization and reporting within Electronic Health Record (E.H.R) systems.
The Native American Health Center is an accredited institution and adheres to the standards of excellence set forth by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and the Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works in conjunction with executives and directors to redesign the HIS department to meet needs of the changing healthcare environment.
2. Keep abreast of the healthcare landscape to anticipate changes in the industry and develop strategies on how these changes will be addressed within the organization.
3. Partner with the Chief Medical Officer in the development and improvement of clinical workflows to maximize third party billing while supporting maximized clinical outcomes and member experience.
4. Lead quality and performance improvement strategic planning efforts and work with leadership to prioritize activities and projects.
5. Conduct analyses of current operational systems and provide recommendations for improvement.
Information Systems Management
6. Has overall accountability of NAHC health information systems this includes but is not limited to management, upgrades, patches, new modules, templates, etc.
7. In collaboration with the internal Epic subject matter expert (SME), provide quality assurance/improvement focused technical assistance and subject matter expertise regarding system analysis, design and process improvement initiatives.
8. Analyze data and proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance
9. Collaborate with the CMO & Billing Director to ensure systems and workflows meet clinical/direct service, agency, and payer requirements.
10. Actively lead quality improvements and QI teams in the agency through use of process improvement methodologies.
11. Ensure comprehensive training materials are developed to capture clinical and programmatic outcomes.
12. Establish a quality assurance program plan to ensure the ongoing integrity of data within the system and appropriate tracking of clinical outcomes.
13. Develop reports that monitor quality performance including, but not limited to UDS, HEDIS, managed care plans and others as requested by the CMO and other clinic directors.
14. Develop dashboards as requested by the CMO and other clinic directors.
15. Oversee the development of reports used to analyze clinical outcomes by panel size and complexity. Develop monthly report structure that will be utilized to operationalize the value- based care incentives.
16. Communicate improvement opportunities, issues, project updates and alerts to Directors and Executives. Oversee the monthly Quality Management Improvement Project (QMIP) meeting.
17. Initiate, coordinate, implement and distribute peer reviews as determined by CMO and clinic leads.
18. Actively support development and documentation of policies, procedures, and workflows as part of Quality Improvement (QI).
19. Actively participate in and represent NAHC at internal/external meetings and in agency-wide planning processes as requested by supervisor. Ensure appropriate distribution of information at both the departmental and organizational level. Proactively work to drive quality improvement initiatives in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal, state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards, when assigned.
20. Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
21. Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
22. HIPAA: Keep all protected health information (PHI) confidential and abide by HIPAA policies for the release and disclosure of any PHI. Will report unauthorized use of disclosure of PHI immediately, to supervisor or HIPAA security officer.
23. Work well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
24. At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors, subordinates, colleagues, clients and the community.
25. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s degree in informatics, public health, public policy, business or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum 5 years (5) management experience, including management and supervision of quality improvement programs.
3. Five (5) years of experience in managing health information systems data and improving the delivery of ambulatory health care services.
4. Proven experience utilizing process improvement methodologies and techniques that measure and improve services.
5. Experience with E.H.R. and accreditation at a Federally Qualified Health Care facility, preferred.
6. Vaccination Level 0: Must be able to provide TB, Physical, seasonal flu prior to start date.
7. BLS/CPR certification must be obtained prior to start date and kept current at all times.
8. Strong clinical knowledge.
9. Excellent analytic skills.
10. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
11. Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituents.
12. Experience and ability with underserved and/or multicultural populations.
13. Knowledgeable about substance abuse and mental health among American Indian/Alaska Native/other Indigenous populations.
Note to Applicants: Please be advised a post job offer, pre-employment Physical and TB test are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, you may be asked to get a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance as a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at NAHC. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Within the scope of Indian Preference, all candidates will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin or other non-merit factors. Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA): Native American Health Center abides by the mandates of the ADEA (protecting individuals 40 years and older) and considers age a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Native American Health Center abides by the mandates of the ADA and considers disability a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and considerations. Furthermore, NAHC will make any practical, feasible, and reasonable arrangements to accommodate qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Native American Health Center (NAHC) considers our employees to be our most valuable resource and offers an excellent benefit package: competitive salaries, personal time off (PTO) or sick/vacation leave program, and an employer contribution 403(b) retirement plan to full-time regular status employees. We also provide medical, vision, dental, flexible spending, group term and voluntary life insurance coverage for employees and their dependents—with a percentage of employee contribution for dependent medical premiums.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our candidate portal by clicking the link provided: