Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) advances philanthropy by enabling people and organizations to practice ethical and effective fundraising. The core activities through which AFP fulfills this mission include education, training, mentoring, research, credentialing and advocacy. The association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. The association comprises nearly 30,000 professionals in chapters throughout the world. Our AFP South Sound chapter currently has 100 members.
The Chapter Administrator is responsible for the successful, consistent and efficient operational functioning of AFP South Sound and supports the Board of Directors in service to the members.
This is a part-time position, 3-5 hours per week (30 hours per month maximum), based on an annual contract.
The Chapter Administrator must be able to work from a home office with the necessary technology setup to support the day-to-day activities related to administration, programming and communications for the chapter. Please note however, some aspects of the position require on-site presence from time-to-time.
AFP South Sound Chapter President
General Chapter Administration
- Answer inquiries about events and the Chapter overall via email and phone with a 24 hour turnaround and forwarding to the appropriate Board/Committee members as required.
- Attend chapter board meetings and record accurate minutes as needed.
- Reconcile event payments/receipts/invoicing with Chapter Treasurer, make bank deposits, and check the Chapter’s PO Box.
- Coordinate communications between AFP Global and AFP South Sound as directed by the President and Executive Committee.
- Maintain Chapter correspondence and other files, as required.
- Prepare forms due to AFP Global such as Ten Star, Chapter Accord, and 100% Board participation in Be the Cause, as required and with guidance from the Board Executive Committee.
- Maintain an accurate database of South Sound members and prospective members/friends for marketing purposes in partnership with AFP Global.
- Update contact information in both the South Sound database and AFP Global.
- Support job posting service for the Chapter, ensuring appropriate coordination with AFP Global.
- Coordinate meeting packages for the Annual Meeting with the President and Executive Committee.
- Set up EventBrite program registration for all events in coordination with the Programs Committee.
- Manage online registration process for all events, including sending registration updates to volunteers and managing onsite registration for events.
- Provide support for events including managing venue and food logistics, audio/visual requirements, handouts, signage, name tags and coordination and tabulation of session evaluations with volunteer guidance.
- Send out reminder and follow up communications for events.
- Set up and manage video call platforms for virtual events.
Marketing and Communications
- Serve as primary website administrator (Higher Logic platform), managing site updates as requested.
- Facilitate transmission of pertinent information related to chapter administration, events, and membership communications to the Marketing and Communication Committee, including but not limited to event details, job postings, Eventbrite links, and scheduling of communications.
- Maintain and update email lists in MailChimp for monthly e-newsletters, e-blasts and special e-communications.
- Build and send monthly e-news using content provided by the Marketing Committee.
- Organize and manage Buddy List outreach efforts.
- Manage all membership mailings, including acquisition mailings, in coordination with volunteers.
- Email an updated Member roster to the Board and Membership Committee each month.
- Follow up with a member’s organization when they leave to invite someone else to join our chapter.
- Make personal contact with all new and renewing Members.
- Follow up personally with non-Members who attend programs.
Confidentiality & Standards of Practice
- Subscribes to the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Practice particularly as it pertains to the management of confidential information.
- Subscribes to the Donors Bill of Rights.
Profile of Desired Skills
- Post-secondary education preferred but not required, and 5 years of equivalent office administrative and development experience.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport and credibility with others.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Professionalism and patience with a high level of diplomacy and tact.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Windows, Word and Excel), Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Familiarity with online event, communications, and website management tools (particularly EventBrite, MailChimp, Higher Logic, and Zoom) or demonstrated capacity to learn.
- Previous experience working with a volunteer board and leadership volunteers.
- Previous experience organizing or coordinating events and/or meetings is an asset.
- Personal mode of transportation required for meetings.
The Chapter Administrator is an independent contractor position with an hourly rate ranging from $18-$22 per hour. The Chapter Administrator also will receive a complimentary AFP South Sound membership ($350 value). The Administrator will submit a detailed accounting of hours (billed to the quarter hour) served at the end of each month to the AFPSS President and Treasurer. Payment for services will be monthly. The contract is for a period of 12-months, with monthly check-ins and quarterly reviews.
POSITION START DATE
January 1, 2020
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter responding to the responsibilities and desired skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: October 31, 2020