Disabilities Day Program Coordinator
- Job posted by Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston
Males Strongly Encouraged to Apply!
The Day Program Coordinators work with individuals with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities and psychiatric support needs, assisting program participants to lead meaningful and integrated lives in their communities through volunteering, experiential learning, and social enrichment activities. Day Program Coordinators ensure safety and provide comprehensive day programming to all participants in a 1:6 staff to client ratio. Day Program Coordinators assist participants to participate in community-based volunteer and recreational activities, as well facilitate life-long learning, hobby, recreational, and/or communication skills groups. Day Program Coordinators provide case management to a case load of about 6 participants with activities including: effective communication with collateral contacts, maintaining up-to-date client files and progress notes, assessments, creating/implementing goals, attending meetings, and assisting with job development.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, based out of our Canton office. Hourly rate range is $15-$16 per hour.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Strong candidates are enthusiastic, motivated, and self-starters with strong interpersonal/communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP trainings
- Must have safe and reliable vehicle to transport participants, on occasion
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of car insurance
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
JF&CS believes in developing talent and offers extensive opportunities for promotion for highly qualified employees. JF&CS offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and a benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and employee referral bonuses.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS has gone tobacco free at our Waltham campus.