Proyecto Juan Diego Mission:
"To empower low-income families to become healthy and self-sufficent community members through education programs, family activities, and preventive health care services."
- Please E-mail curriculum and certifications (current) to: Bertha.Alonso@proyecto-jd.org
- Reports to: Director of Health Care Services
- Non-Exempt (30 hrs./week)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform their essential functions.
- Coordinates and assists the Telehealth Services.
- Assists with labs and clinical procedures in related programs as needed.
- Provides referral information to participants in related programs as needed.
- Collects and reviews relevant health data, maintains accurate logs of participants attendance, and tracks progress on health-related goals.
- Responsible for delivering the approved curriculum for diabetes prevention in an effective, meaningful, and complying way.
- Coordinates and organizes seasonal immunizations.
- Serves as liaison with the mobile clinic to provide referral and communicate essential information.
- Prepares and communicates status updates to Supervisor as requested.
- Ensures compliance with grant requirements and criteria as necessary.
- Researches grants appropriate for the agency, assists Director of Health Care Services with completing grant applications, and ensuring requirements are met.
- Generates reports to the Director of Health Care Services as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
Education in the health care field required. RN or LVN preferred. Bilingual (write and speak): English and Spanish required. 2 years minimum experiencer working with patients. Maintains 15 hours of CEUs annually specific to Diabetes and Diabetes-related topics.
Current RN/LVN certificate in the State of Texas. Certifications for other health care field of study will be requested accordingly.
- Computer skills: Internet, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Consultation Competency: reasoning ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw vital conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of data sets and publications.
- A creative, strategic, and forward thinker with the drive to work independently and in a group setting.
- Cultural Effectiveness Competency. Experience working with underserved populations (majority Spanish speaking only) or with disabilities in healthcare is preferred.
- Communication: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret health status. Must be able to speak effectively and respond to questions from diverse audiences.
This position rarely may require some travel (discussed at the job interview if selected).
PROYECTO JUAN DIEGO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER