205 East 122nd Street
STRIVE is a leading national workforce development agency with the mission of helping people acquire the life-changing skills and attitudes needed to overcome challenging circumstances, find sustained employment, and become valuable contributors to their families, their employers, and their communities. Based in East Harlem, New York, STRIVE programs are administered in 20 cities nationally.
The Development & Communications Associate will support STRIVE’s fund development and communications strategies. We are seeking a creative and entrepreneurial person to help drive our efforts on grant-writing and funder relations, along with external communications.
The position requires strong organizational skills, an independent work ethic, and an ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment. This individual must possess superior written and verbal communications skills, excellent graphic design skills, and experience with managing social media. Commitment to STRIVE’s mission and the ability to work collaboratively in a collegial and dedicated team is also required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES
- Participate as an active member of the Development Team
- Write grant proposals and reports at the foundation, city, state, federal and corporate level
- Research foundation, city, state, federal, foundation and corporate grant opportunities
- Support creation of annual marketing plan
- Design, write copy for and produce printed marketing materials such as brochures
- Manage STRIVE’s social media networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Produce digital newsletters through Constant Contact
- Update and maintain STRIVE websites
- Assist with special events as needed
- Other duties as required
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills
- Prior communications and/or development experience preferred
- Knowledge of/experience in the nonprofit sector preferred
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite required
- Experience with social media platforms required
- Familiarity with Squarespace and Constant Contact preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively
STRIVE considers applicants for all positions without regard to: race; color; religion; gender; national origin; age; sexual orientation; marital or veteran status; the presence of a medical condition, genetic information or handicap, unrelated to performing the tasks of the job; or any other legally protected status.
Minimum Education Required