Organization Overview: Henry Street Settlement opens doors of opportunity to enrich lives and expand human progress for Lower East Side residents and other New Yorkers through social services, arts, and health care programs. Building on its 125-year legacy of innovation and effective programming, Henry Street offers more than 50 programs and is one of New York City’s largest social service agencies.
The Job Essentials Training (JET) program is a core part of Henry Street Settlement’s Education and Employment Services, a $10M division providing a continuum of services from early childhood education through adult workforce programs designed to assist individuals in obtaining the skills necessary for lifetime self-sufficiency. The JET program offers high–quality one–on-one job search support, workshops and retention services to over 1,000 job-seeking New Yorkers annually.
Intern & Earn (formerly Young Adult Internship Program– YAIP) provides work readiness, subsidized internship experience, and education and/or employment placements to three cohorts of young people per year, up to 94 in a fiscal year.
We are seeking a visionary and dynamic director to join our committed, diverse, multidisciplinary team. Applicants must be a) passionate about serving and improving the lives of Lower East side residents and other New Yorkers through workforce development and education, and, b) capable of pursuing and refining the vision and service strategy of the JET and Intern & Earn programs. Other requirements include:
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience; experience with performance-based contracts and providing case management for large caseloads is a plus
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience supervising staff with proven success in staff development and strong coaching skills
- Track record of building community collaborations
- Social justice involvement; experience working for marginalized, disenfranchised people
- Good judgment and problem solving ability, strong organizational skills
- Detail-focused; experience in collecting and reviewing documentation to ensure reimbursement from funders a plus
- Skilled at analyzing data to inform program best practices and course corrections when necessary
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals balanced with eagerness to be creative and provide a high quality service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet applications, and database navigation
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
The Program Director JET and Intern & Earn provides thought leadership and hands–on support to employees working for both programs, in order to meet the employment and career advancement needs of the diverse population we serve. Your role will include the following key accountabilities:
- Overall execution of program services including intake, assessment, job readiness and vocational training, job search, job development and job retention services
- Leadership and direct supervision, including training, coaching and completion of performance evaluations for the Program Coordinator of Intern & Earn, a Training Coordinator, four Employment Coordinators, and one Customer Relations Program Associate
- Ongoing monitoring of program outcomes and progress toward performance goals for assigned portfolio of grants and contracts
- Develop and strengthen program design, activities and curriculum materials, to ensure quality programming that meets the needs of the population served and reflects current workforce development program best practices, public/private funding trends, and city/state employment statistics
- Monitor data entry on internal and external databases to ensure accurate data capture and compliance reporting according to contractual obligations
- Analyze and evaluate data to inform program design; prepare reports for internal leadership and funding sources
- Audit client files and case notes for accuracy and contract compliance
- Represent the organization to key stakeholders including clients, funders, program partner organizations and participating employers
- Ensure clients have a voice in program design and delivery; meet with clients individually to handle special inquiries, grievances or other needs as necessary
- Facilitate work readiness workshops as needed
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “Program Director JET and Intern & Earn”
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program