The Bowery Mission is a holistic, faith-based organization dedicated to serving people who are experiencing homelessness. The Bowery Mission’s Community Life program provides an exceptional standard of hospitality and customer service across all residential programming, including emergency and short-term shelters, long-term residences and transitional housing.
The Senior Director, Community Life leads and develops the Community Life staff team of 50 employees across six locations in NY and one in Newark. The Senior Director will work to establish safe and trauma-informed residential communities that foster positive and growing relationships with God and others.
The Senior Director will be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures governing the Community Life Program, managing a $1.1M operating budget, developing recruitment and retention strategies for multiple levels of Community Life staffing, and directly supervising the Community Life Associate Director or Manager at each of the six Bowery Mission site locations. The Senior Director will also work closely with the Senior Director of Clinical Services to design and implement a seamless continuum of care for all guests who participate in Bowery Mission programs, set and track progress against program goals, and collaborate on building high performing and healthy teams across program departments.
Reporting to: Chief Program Officer
- Understands the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Graduate degree and/or relevant studies in social work, mental health and/or non-profit management
- 10 years program management experience with proven ability to lead the development, processes, and oversite of a team located across multiple sites
- 5 years experience serving people who are experiencing trauma, homelessness, or similar challenges
- Understanding of safety and security needs relevant to buildings and program offerings, including but not limited to fire safety, CPR, and Non-violent Crisis Intervention
- Knowledge of best practices in trauma and addiction recovery
- Prior experience with departmental budget planning and tracking, with ability to develop, implement, monitor, and adjust budget(s) to maximize resources
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Understanding of NYC fire safety protocols and procedures; willingness to gain F-80 certification
- Mental Health First Aid Certification
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification or similar training
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.bowery.org/careers