Do you know how to provide essential behind-the-scenes support to a busy executive? The Emerald Necklace Conservancy seeks a skilled administrative professional to support our President as she works to increase public awareness of Boston’s historic Emerald Necklace park system.
Founded in 1998, the Conservancy is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to restore and improve this 1,100 acre linear park system, which connects 13 diverse neighborhoods from the Back Bay through the Fenway and on to Brookline, Jamaica Plain Roxbury, Dorchester and Mattapan. Discover more about our work and programs at www.emeraldnecklace.org.
Reporting to the President, the Administrative Assistant will be charged with providing her broad administrative support, managing a complex Zoom, in-person and phone schedule; helping prepare for meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees; and supporting staff and office management duties. Currently, staff primarily work remotely. In the future, staff will resume operations from Conservancy offices at 350 The Jamaicaway across the street from Jamaica Pond.
· Manage the President’s complex phone, Zoom and in-person schedule that includes scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings, ENC events, public activities, etc. Review with the President her daily calendar, anticipating and resolving potential scheduling and travel issues.
· Work with other staff on the timely preparation/assembly of materials and deliverables for internal and external meetings, Zoom calls, Board reports and special events.
· Assist the President in preparing/carrying out visits and other fundraising/public events.
· Accompany the President to designated meetings (e.g. strategic planning, Olmsted Bicentennial, TDC financial planning, Muddy River Restoration, Charlesgate, etc.); take notes and provide updates/requests to other staff as necessary.
· Prepare, draft and/or edit a variety of routine correspondence and email for the President.
· Work with the President to ensure all staff performance evaluations are scheduled and completed.
· Pass on to the appropriate staff person tasks delegated by the President.
· Handle routine inquiries or requests that come to the President, professionally preparing appropriate responses (email, phone, written correspondence).
· Assist in the review and proofreading of meeting agendas, lists of participants/guests, donor names/addresses, etc.
· Develop, maintain and update electronic and paper filing systems for the President.
· Track, compile and process expense reports, credit card expenses and reimbursements.
· Set up, confirm and revise event registrations and travel arrangements as necessary.
· Assist with the President’s social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn).
Staff & Office Management
Serve as liaison between President and staff on routine administrative and programmatic matters promoting effective communication and coordination.
The successful Administrative Assistant will demonstrate an ability to stay organized while supporting the President in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The incumbent will be eager to work in a mission-focused non-profit organization and to seek maximum impact from limited resources, and will have the following:
Do you know how to provide essential behind-the-scenes support to a busy executive? The Emerald Necklace Conservancy seeks a skilled administrative professional to support our President as she works to increase public…