Office Manager - Greenwood Senior Center (30 hours/week)
- Job posted by Phinney Neighborhood Association
Details: Position pays $18-19/hour. This is a 30 hr/wk (.75 fte) position, with a schedule of M-F, 8:00 am – 2:30 pm.
525 North 85th Street
The Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) seeks an Office Manager at the Greenwood Senior Center (GSC), whose experience and philosophy closely align with the PNA’s mission and values. The position is 30 hrs/wk (.75 FTE), M-F, 8:00 am-2:30 pm. The Office Manager will provide support for our collaborative, dynamic senior center, and is involved in most aspects of operations, including providing administrative support to staff, managing office volunteers, scheduling, billing, and more. The Office Manager reports to the Senior Programs Director.
For more detailed information about the Phinney Neighborhood Association and the Greenwood Senior Center, see www.phinneycenter.org .
- Oversee volunteer receptionists and manage all front office needs.
- Provide administrative support to staff.
- Manage internal room reservations using Salesforce and maintain weekly calendar.
- Assist with database entry using Salesforce.
- Work with the Senior Programs Director and data entry volunteers to prepare data reports to funders.
- Respond to inquiries about events, current classes and programs.
- Assist with scheduling and class registration and maintain program reference binders.
- Process payments for classes, membership, events and donations;
- Prepare weekly deposits and petty cash bookkeeping.
- Assist with occasional room set-up for classes and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of receptionist and administrative support experience in a nonprofit setting, with a strong customer service background.
- Experience working in a community center or senior center preferred.
- Passion for the community building mission of the PNA.
- Personal commitment to creating a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Organized with strong ability to multitask and prioritize needs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work independently in a very active and open office environment.
- Computer proficiency with extensive experience using the Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Position requires occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds, including room set-up and take down, and ability to climb stairs on a regular basis.
Position is open until filled; preference will be given to candidates who apply by August 21, 2018 at 5 pm.
The PNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer working towards a culturally diverse work place. Applicants representing the diversity of our community are encouraged to apply.
Include health insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day off; and 8 paid holidays (total paid time off first year: 5.5 weeks). We offer a convivial, positive, and flexible working environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest, how you meet the minimum qualifications, and a resume to email@example.com. Position is open until filled and preference will be given to candidates who apply by August 21, 2018 at 5 pm.
Questions can be directed to Cecily Kaplan, Senior Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org