Center for Family Life, a nationally-recognized social service program in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, seeks a Development Assistant to join our team. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge and experience in project management, and will bring a passion for neighborhood-based work to enrich the lives of youth, families, and community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Support Grants Manager in maintaining current public and private funding portfolio, including coordinating all components of submissions, communicating specific tasks/needs to appropriate staff, contributing content to and monitoring project status for proposals and reports.
· Identify areas for new grant development. Coordinate review of resources such as the Foundation Library and other grant making newsletters
· Receive, process, track and acknowledge donations
· Provide support for private donor fundraising activities, including an annual appeal and annual individual donor development event.
· Provide support for fundraising events, communicate specific tasks/needs to appropriate staff involved in events.
· Maintain communication with members of CFL Governing Body, help prepare materials, agendas and reports for Board meetings, and coordinate meeting logistics.
Send resume and cover letter to Janna Cisterino at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Bachelor's Degree required
· 2+ years relevant professional experience, preferably in a non-profit development department
· Highly organized and able to manage time efficiently
: New York-Brooklyn-Sunset Park
Minimum Education Required