1424 K Street NW
District of Columbia
Partners of the Americas (Partners) is an international grassroots organization that connects individuals and organizations to serve and change lives through lasting partnerships. The Agriculture and Food Security (AFS) team manages programs focused on agriculture, economic growth, nutrition, and natural resource management. The Communications and Outreach Officer will lead all major communications and outreach activities for Partners’ agricultural volunteer programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter;
- Lead communications and outreach events such a such as blog carnivals, international volunteer day postings, and other outreach events;
- Prepare outreach brochures promoting program awareness and volunteer opportunities;
- Support Partners’ staff to organize and facilitate conferences and workshops;
- Conduct analyses of effective communications to increase views, support, and interest in volunteering and present findings to key stakeholders;
- Develop and distribute blog posts and press releases on program successes, profiles, and stories of interest; and
- Manage program website, updating it with success stories, learning modules, and new volunteer opportunities.
Qualifications and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or relevant discipline;
- 2-3 years of experience in communications, marketing, or a related field;
- Experience with graphic design, video editing, database and email marketing platforms, and website management strongly preferred;
- Excellent writing skills, especially catered to digital media; and
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment, process information quickly, and balance priorities in a timely and professional manner.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and 403(b) with a 10% employer contribution match.
Level of Language Proficiency
Native English speaker with excellent writing skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, writing sample and portfolio to Michael Moscarelli at email@example.com. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.