Requisition ID: req2785
Job Title: Planned Giving Manager
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC's Global Partnerships and Philanthropy (GPP) department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee's private sector resources (financially contributing circa USD200m per annum, as well as key partnerships and influence that support our mission), and plays an important strategic role in the creation of IRC's brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals.
The IRC's strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people's lives in conflict and fragile settings. GPP comprises colleagues and teams delivering marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, corporate partnerships, brand stewardship and communications to support this work. These colleagues are primarily located in the USA at present - but IRC plans to significantly expand its global fundraising footprint. Other colleagues within IRC are also deeply engaged with private funding & partners - in particular within Europe, US Resettlement and field programs - and we need to work in close integrated collaboration to ensure best use of resources and highest impact for IRC.
GPP has begun delivering a new radical and ambitious 2020 Private Sector Engagement (PSE) strategy that will enhance IRC's ability to 'punch above its weight' in income, partnership and awareness. At the same time - believing that the root of our success lies in a high performance team and culture - we need to build our internal infrastructure, ensure we build a strong global team, a dynamic culture, a forward thinking ethos, and establish 21st century analytics, reporting, operational and business management practices that will help us achieve our ambitious goals.
The Planned Giving Manager will be responsible for managing the flow of IRC's bequest pipeline, as well as ensuring the smooth running of the Charitable Gift Annuity program. As a first point of contact for new donors and the project manager for the team, the Manager will be a core member of a fundraising effort that averages over $6 million in annual revenue. Key responsibilities will include: supporting cultivation mailings, providing operational and account management, supporting the open estate process, coordinating marketing projects, and working to steward donors.
· Administer IRC's open estates portfolio by keeping and updating records and files, working with estate attorneys to ensure timely distribution, and coordinating with IRC's General Counsel and Finance department.
· Ensure the smooth administration of IRC's CGA program, including maintaining accurate and updated lists of state filings.
· Liaise with IRC donors through the planned giving hotline and email. Be the first point of contact for all donors inquiring about making a planned gift. Assign and respond to the donor as appropriate.
· Support the project management of the department's targeted marketing appeals for planned giving by coordinating content, working with vendor, revising proofs, and stewarding through approval process.
· Manage the operational function of the planned giving team by providing weekly reports on goals, benchmarking annually, creating donor lists, and maintaining data integrity in Salesforce.
· Steward planned giving donors with thank you calls and follow up for cultivation events and program updates as needed.
· Manage a portfolio of planned giving suspects with a phone call treatment plan to solicit for planned gifts.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:Director of Planned Giving
Position directly supervises: Planned Giving Associate
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Planned Giving Officers, Legal team, finance team, marketing team, LG team
External: Estate attorneys, CGA consultants, PG marketing consultants
Education:Bachelor's Degree in English, International Affairs, Communications,Marketing or related field.
Work Experience:4-6 years of professional experience in a relevant/related setting; knowledge of legal terms and planned giving helpful
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong understanding of excel and comfort with database management (preferably Salesforce). Organizational and project management skills. Ability to work on a team.
* Clear-thinking and efficient under the pressure of deadlines and multiple, simultaneous priorities;
* Ability to meet deadlines;
* Commitment to IRC's funding priorities, mission and values.
Working Environment:This role requires working remotely full or part-time (i.e., telecommuting). Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours.
Minimum Education Required