Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
Pier 28, the Embarcadero
As the Development Manager, you will work closely with the Executive Director and Board to support the organization’s growth and strategic response to an increasing demand for home repairs in San Francisco. Successful candidates will be excellent writers and storytellers with a track record of successful grant submissions. You will be directly responsible for researching and identifying funding opportunities, as well as the preparation, submission and management of funding proposals to private and corporate foundations. Support from foundations currently represents approximately 7% of our of Development Plan. The Development Manager will be responsible for charting a plan to increase foundation giving to $175,000 annually. This full-time position reports to and works closely with the Executive Director (ED).
This is an outstanding opportunity for a proactive, flexible and strategic leader with proven planning, implementation and superior writing skills to join a determined team in creating safe homes and communities in all of San Francisco’s neighborhoods.
Grant Writing & Management: 40%
- Increase support from private and corporate foundations and government grants.
- Identify new grant opportunities through research and networking.
- Meet annual grant fundraising goals.
- Ensure timeline and accurate report deliveries to funders.
Special Events: 20%
- Manage the Event Committee to support our 30th Anniversary Celebration in 2019
- Responsible for solicitation of silent auction items.
- Support the board and staff with event sponsorship management.
- Manage marketing and communications for the event, including ticket sales.
- Coordinate and evaluate additional special events during the year related to fundraising and marketing.
Individual Giving: 15%
Support individual giving annual plans.
- With the ED, implement strategies and programs to increase both the number of individual donors and average giving levels, including donor recognition activities and correspondence.
- Manage 2 direct mail campaigns annually. Write and develop effective donor material.
- Utilize Salesforce effectively to manage donor data and communication.
- Analyze performance of appeals and campaigns, as well as long-term membership trends and projections; present findings quarterly to Executive Director and Board.
Marketing and Communications: 15%
- Build and maintain an annual social media calendar to promote the organization’s year round work and reputation as a reliable provider of community revitalization activities
- Edit and publish RTSF’s Annual Report and monthly newsletters, showcasing accomplishments with stories and data.
- Write regular press releases and media alerts
Manage the Mayor’s Office of Housing (MOH) Community Action Grants: (10%)
- Facilitate and support the community grant planning process.
- Oversee project budgets and MOH reporting requirements.
- Monitor grantee timelines and goals to ensure the success of the grant funded.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, marketing, or related discipline
- 3-5 years nonprofit development and /or sales experience
- Comfortable speaking with donors and growing and maintaining relationships with grantmakers
- Experience with membership models and planned giving is a plus
- Familiar with a variety of fundraising concepts, practices, and procedures
- Extreme attention to detail, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Competence in database administration, Salesforce experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Highly organized with excellent follow through
- Creative thinker and problem solver/resourceful
- Commitment to improving San Francisco’s neighborhoods to create safe and healthy places for all our neighbors.
This full-time exempt position offers health, dental and vision insurance, three weeks of vacation plus 5 bonus days at the end of the year when our office is closed, 12 paid holidays, 403(b) plan with employer match, Flexible Savings accounts, and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required