Details: Salary includes a generous benefits package
2198 San Gabriel Avenue
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc., one of the largest human services providers in California, operates a variety of programs to serve the poor and strives to find permanent solutions to crisis situations by offering clients the tools and resources needed to achieve greater self-reliance and stability in their lives.
Elizabeth Ann Seton Residence, a program of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is a forty-five day emergency shelter for homeless families, disabled and older adults. The shelter provides case management and family life skills classes to the families that are residents of the shelter. Seeking a Kitchen Supervisor / Cook to prepare nutritional meals on a daily basis.
- Coordinates, plans and prepares balanced, nutritious meals for shelter guests.
- Work involves planning menus, estimating consumption and cooking according to standard recipes and will include cleaning duties.
- Supervises and coordinates activities volunteers, client cooks and kitchen workers in preparing and serving food and beverages.
- May prepare and bake bread, rolls, muffins, biscuits, cakes, pies, puddings and other foods.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products and equipment at all stations to ensure smooth service.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen, storeroom, freezer, refrigerator, and kitchen equipment.
- Will arrange for or pick up donations.
- Assumes 100% responsibility of quality of products served.
- Food Handler certification preferred and at least one year of technical or specialized training
- Ability to operate basic kitchen equipment, including but not limited to stoves, knives, grill press and ovens.
- Possession of a baking certificate with one to three years of related experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be 18 years of age.
Location: Long Beach, CA
Schedule: Part-time, 32 hours/week, Flexible Schedule
Benefits: $14.72 per hour + Generous benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off (12 vacation days & 10 sick days).
- Life Insurance
- Vacation Accrual
- Sick Accrual
- Short / Long Term Disability
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Program Director - email@example.com