34-25 Vernon Boulevard
Long Island City
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Phoenix House is looking for a CASAC Counselor for our residential treatment program in Long Island City. Here, we serve men and women with substance use disorders.
• Handles a caseload, delivering all treatment components to assigned clients; develops and revises individual treatment plans, assesses client progress, provides individual and group counseling, assigns job functions, facilitates peer support groups, delivers workshops and seminars (developing new topics, as needed in consultation with the Program Director and Clinical Coordinator), provides and supervises recreational programming, etc.
• Participates in case conferences to assess client progress, where needed; makes recommendation for changes in treatment planning and advancement to the next treatment level.
• Makes recommendations regarding program effectiveness, and needed revisions to the program design and/or policies and procedures.
• Residential Courselors must be available on an “on-call” basis at all times.
• Outpatient Counselors must be available to work evenings and a weekend day.
• Supervision and participation in all necessary group encounters, seminars and morning meetings.
• Medication monitoring
• Social Work or Mental Health Counseling Graduate
• Minimum three (3) years of related experience
• Familiarity with regulations governing Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Services preferred
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
Minimum Education Required