The Accounting Manager is responsible for monthly preparation of financial statements, variance analysis and performs month-end close. This position is responsible for billing and reconciliation for PCC contracts and/or grants. In addition, this position also oversees and supervises general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, grants accounting and taxes (if applicable). Accounting Manager assists Controller with fiscal year-end audit activities including A-133 audit. This position ensures compliance with federal, state, and local government and sponsor/funder regulations and policies and assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
· Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end general accounting and accounts payable processes of the Accounting/Finance team including monthly and year end closing journal entries, and general ledger reconciliations.
· Supervise and develop finance team of two: Contracts and Payables Administrator, and Sr. Accountant. Utilize best practices to develop and manage staff in accordance with PCC’s Human Resources (HR) policies, including train, motivate, evaluate, coach, and counsel direct reports. Provides guidance, corrective action, and mentoring as needed. Create a positive and trusting work environment. Encourage innovation and openness to new ideas, and autonomy of staff in their approach to tasks to achieve the identified expected end-result within timeframes and budget. Serve as a role model to encourage teamwork, positive communications and professionalism
· Assist Controller in fiscal year end audit requirements including OMB A-133 audit and any programmatic annual audits. Responsible for preparation of the required audit schedules for external auditors.
· Monitor, track, reconcile, and bill for all the organization’s contracts with government agencies, foundations, and other funding sources.
· Prepare monthly financial statements for organization as well as individual Programs, contracts, and Grants (Program/Center reports). Responsible for month-end close and balance sheet reconciliations.
· Assist controller in preparing monthly variance analysis, IDC, and Fringe analysis.
· Communicate with program managers, directors, and partner organizations to get the information necessary to process month end and year end-close outs.
· Assist Controller in the development, improvement and implementation of accounting policies and procedures necessary to improve internal controls and maintain accurate financial records that meets the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Assist in development of the annual budget, working either directly or indirectly with the Controller, leadership, and program managers.
• Responsible for uploading PCC overall Board approved budgets and updates in the Accounting system and approved revisions throughout the year.
• Serves as backup to the payroll function such as reviewing bi-weekly payroll, 941 reconciliation and in processing payroll (ADP Workforce).
• Review and approving expense vouchers and AR invoices.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of US-GAAP, including best practices for creating and improving internal control and compliance processes.
· Must have strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts, including the preparation of financial statements with the ability to provide meaningful analytics and recommendations based on financial information.
· Ability to accomplish tasks both directly and through delegation and effective management of others and comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks independently, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
· Ability to work as part of a team and understand basic programmatic components as relates to budget development and management.
· Proven strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with individuals, teams, and committees.
· Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a non-profit environment and Accufund Accounting Software.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited four-year college or university with a major concentration in Accounting or finance. MBA or CPA Preferred but not required.
· Minimum 7 years of relevant accounting/finance experience with an emphasis in month end close, general ledger, reconciliation and financial reporting and analysis.
· Must be knowledgeable in the full-cycle accounting processes.
· Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), A-133 Audit and, specifically, non-profit GAAP.
· Proficiency in Excel, Adobe Acrobat and MS Word.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
· This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required.
· This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
· Advanced math skills required
· Requires ability to learn new software applications as necessary.
· Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
PCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Accounting Manager is responsible for monthly preparation of financial statements, variance analysis and performs month-end close. This position is responsible for billing and reconciliation for PCC contracts and/or grants. In…
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to: