Program Assistant, PCA & HCCN Relations
- Job posted by National Association of Community Health Centers
Details: Commensurate with experience.
7501 Wisconsin Avenue
Enhances Department by maintaining and increasing NACHC’s knowledge of PCA/HCCNs as well as state level health care delivery system activity. Participates in NACHC efforts to track and report on state developments impacting Health Centers. Provides administrative support for Department. Coordinates with internal departments to assure appropriate use of NACHC resources is provided to members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Working with all NACHC Departments, particularly State Affairs, collects, records and reports on state level data related to changes in health care delivery systems impacting Health Centers.
· Using phone, e-mail and other means, researches state level information (PCA/Network and health center) on a variety of issues as requested.
· Provides administrative support to NACHC’s PCA/Network Relations Team and to the broader Training and Technical Assistance Department.
· Using excel and other software programs as necessary, coordinates department’s portion of HRSA’s Cooperative Agreement work plan and monitors activity to assure deadlines and commitments are met.
o Supports development of educational sessions at three major conferences yearly (P&I, CHI and PCA/HCCN) including on-site logistical support.
o Using NACHC templates, creates contracts for speaker engagements at conferences and tracks expenses related to Cooperative Agreement deliverables.
· Working directly with Primary Care Associations, manages the PCA List Serve (Yahoo) and PCA Annual Meetings Calendar (Excel) to assure appropriate NACHC representation/response.
· Develops strong internal relationships across all departments at NACHC to assure Department transparency, coordination, continuity, and the focus is on member needs.
· Provides staff support (appointment setting, organizing/distributing agenda, creation and distribution of minutes etc…) to PCA Leadership Committee, Health Controlled Network Leadership Committee, and Health Center Controlled Network Task Force..
· Organizes and coordinates agendas, logistics, and meeting appointments for Department pre-planning and on-site / ‘day of’ support of NACHC Annual Conferences, PCA CEO and HCCN Senior Management NACHC Orientations, and other events as necessary.
o Includes PCA and HCCN Leadership Committee meetings, PCA/HCCN General Sessions, Health Center Controlled Task Force Committee, Department educational sessions, and Annual NACHC PCA HCCN Conference.
o Provides on-site logistical support at NACHC conferences as appropriate
· Coordinates communications (letters, phone, email, etc.) between NACHC and the PCA and HCCNs including managing Department’s internet visibility (NACHC.com and MyNACHC).
· Provides logistical support to staff including copying, scanning, filing, etc
· Produces required and other reports on a regular basis.
· Provides phone support for the organization’s front desk once a week.
· Other work as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or minimum four years relevant work experience.
· Quick learner who thrives on researching different subjects and has the ability to shift projects and master finding answers to questions
· Strong desire to read, understand and explain state level developments (Medicaid and other payers) and the ability to capture this information in a format (ie. Database).
· Demonstrated strong writing/editing abilities required.
· Experience with trade association work highly desired.
· Experience with iMIS or similar membership management software a plus
· Ability to multi-task and experience with planning and implementing programs/initiatives required.
· Expertise with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint) and with adapting these applications for use in a rapidly growing, multi-site national organization.
· Flexibility in exploring options and tailoring solutions.
· Occasional travel and periodic night and weekend work at NACHC sponsored conferences
· Position located in Bethesda, MD office
Minimum Education Required