The Salesforce Database Administrator plays the vital role in supporting the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and implementation of our database. This role is part Salesforce administrator, and part technical project manager.
The Salesforce Database Administrator functions include, but may not be limited to, duties such as the following:
- Serve as primary system administrator for Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) platform with 20+ users.
- Maintain the overall data integrity and quality of the database, including regular data improvement and clean-up, and enforcement of database input meets standards.
- Manage third-party database integrations, including FormAssembly, Conga Composer and Sign, Mailchimp, and Classy.
- Create and maintain custom fields, workflows, processes, validation rules.
- Build and generate custom reports and dashboards, modification of page layouts, email templates, and creation of new fields and other routine tasks.
- Provide support for Salesforce users by providing training, answering user questions and troubleshooting issues.
- Responsible for managing users, security roles, permission sets, profiles, groups, sharing rules and workflows.
- Ensure that best practices are followed in areas including backup/restore, space management, user capacity.
- Document customizations in Salesforce. Add to and maintain an updated standard operating procedures manual.
- Lead the effort to evolve Salesforce to meet the organization’s changing needs.
Work independently and in collaboration with C-CAP staff members. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality preferred.
- Experience maintaining CRM data including experience in report writing and analyzing data.
- Experience with SQL preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Salesforce Administrator.
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred.
- Applicants must show the basic skills and core competencies of a computer database manager, including managing multiple, competing and varied tasks, time management, listening skills, problem solving, decision making, and successfully managing work-flow.
- Strong client services-oriented approach, and the ability to communicate with others in a thoughtful, diplomatic, and collaborative manner.
- Complete work within established time frames. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands, ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information regarding constituents, many of whom are minors, along with company financials and other information.
- Ability to operate a computer with Salesforce software and Microsoft Windows Office.
- Genuine interest in contributing to C-CAP’s mission.