1115 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Join a fast growing, fun, and mission-driven nonprofit that’s changing the world. Our organization prides itself on being nimble and results oriented. Solar United Neighbors is the only organization in the country dedicated to representing the needs and interests of solar owners and supporters. We envision a clean, equitable energy system that directs control and benefits back to local communities, with solar on every roof and money in every pocket.
We are seeking an IT Specialist that is responsible for maintaining and growing the Solar United Neighbors information technology infrastructure in support of the organization’s mission nationwide. The IT Specialist will ensure we have high-performing, easy to use, and accessible tools for state-based staff, DC/HQ staff, and partners in order to implement our broad and ambitious program to help people go solar, join together, and fight for their energy rights.
The IT Specialist reports to the COO and is an integral part of the organization’s cross-cutting staff that support our field work. They will be based in our Washington, DC main office. Travel requirements for this position are limited to twice annual all staff retreats.
Job duties include the following, as well as additional duties that may arise over the course of the year and are mutually agreed upon with the COO.
- Website management
- Work with team and consultants to maintain functionality of website, as well as develop new functionalities as needed to serve the mission.
- Maintain Dreamhost and Wordpress hosted infrastructure and functionality serving www.solarunitedneighbors.org and any other affiliated sites.
- Implement quality control, evaluation, metrics and process management for ensuring website software is up to date, working well and achieving organizational goals.
- Salesforce & EveryAction Platform Management
- Manage and develop new Salesforce for Nonprofits and organization-specific customizations like email templates, workflows, triggers, and custom Apex code in support of our field-based “solar co-ops”
- Create and maintain Salesforce reporting
- Support the creation and maintenance of template email communications within Salesforce
- Manage EveryAction software platform in support of our field and communications teams.
- Create and maintain EveryAction reporting.
- Support the creation and maintenance of EveryAction email drip campaigns.
- Ensure synchronization and/or compatibility between Salesforce, EveryAction and other IT elements. This includes integrating lists from outside sources, ensuring consistent tracking of out network, innovate and consistently improving systems.
- Organizational growth
- Assist in the development of tools for organizational tracking, metrics and evaluation.
- Vet, select, manage vendors and consultants as needed.
- Keep us on the cutting edge in software, tools and services connected to membership, list building, communications and advocacy work.
- Train all new staff on IT systems and provide continuing education for all staff on their proper and effective use.
- Maintain all IT infrastructure documentation.
- Ensure systems, data, records, email, website, and on-line accounts meet reasonable standards for online security.
Safeguard all data and content stored within each hosted platform serving the organization including but not limited to Salesforce, EveryAction, DropBox, G-Suite, and WordPress.
- Maintain DropBox shared storage infrastructure, user accounts.
- Manage all aspects of G-Suite including account and distribution lists.
- Manage domain name services (DNS) registrations and records through Dreamhost.
- Support all main office and remote staff in their computing and connectivity needs, including ordering and configuring equipment for new staff, managing the ongoing maintenance and upgrading of existing equipment, and ensuring staff are able to do their jobs with the infrastructure and technology provided.
- Support main office IT infrastructure including broadband access, printers, laptops, office Wi-Fi, and phone services.
Preferred Experience, and Qualities
- Passion for our mission to transform our energy system
- Team player who is willing to jump in and help where needed
- Creative problem solver
- Someone who is looking for a place where they can use their skills and expertise to help us take our organization to the next level.
- Knowledge or interest in solar, EVs, or energy issues
- Organized and detail oriented
Salesforce; WordPress; DropBox for Business; Dreamhost; G-Suite / Google for Nonprofits; ; Windows and Mac desktop support; Basic domain name service (DNS) management; Basic office Wi-Fi networking; Basic office phone wiring; Vendor management; Understanding of HTML and basic web coding;
Project management experience, familiarity with EveryAction, Cirrus Insight; Zoom Conferencing; SEO, Google grants and Google analytics, and online list-building and social media tools, targeting and add-ons. Strong analytic skills a plus
Full health insurance, sick leave, and paid vacation benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit an email and cover letter to Emily Stiever at firstname.lastname@example.org