617 Cambridge Street
Annual Fund Manager
The Annual Fund Manager reports directly to the Advancement Director and is a key member of the 4-person advancement team. This person works closely with the Advancement Director, the Assistant Director of Advancement, the Advancement Operations Manager, as well as with the Head of School, to implement the advancement efforts of the School.
In this newly created position, the Annual Fund Manager is responsible for the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program. In concert with other members of the team, the Annual Fund Manager will collaborate on solicitation themes, write and manage the appeal process, and determine outreach strategy for a highly segmented constituency:
- Current parents and guardians
- Past parents and guardians
- Alumni of Saint Joseph Prep
- Alumni of the founding schools
- Friends of Saint Joseph Prep and foundations
An important focus of this position is to develop messaging that will resonate with each constituency as well as to identify appropriate channels for communication. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Administer and oversee the annual appeal cycle, direct mail projects, and e-appeals, including the use of social media and video. Familiarity with giving day campaigns, text-to-give programs. and phone-a-thons/thank-a-thons is a plus.
- Manage mailing list and manipulate data to ensure successful outreach. This involves working with printers, mail-fulfillment vendors, and members of the Marketing and Communications team. It also includes managing the office mail account for bulk mailings, permits, postage and meters.
- Work with small leadership groups (parent committee, alumni committee etc.) to cultivate a culture of giving among all constituencies, and in a targeted way, to build relationships with and make solicitations to assigned prospects.
- Promote the newly launched “Phoenix Heroes” recurring giving program as a option to increase participation.
- Track annual giving progress throughout the year, and year-to-year, to ensure that the School achieves its advancement goals.
- Collaborate with the planning and execution of advancement events
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least two years of advancement experience, ideally in a school setting
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- A self-starter with energy and passion who is also a team player
- A detail-oriented person with a high degree of accuracy in all matters
- A goal-oriented fundraiser who will take initiative and demonstrate leadership
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices
- Maintain a professional, polished, and positive demeanor reflecting the values of the School
- Ability to work easily and naturally with all constituencies, from prospective donors to parent and alumni volunteers
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Robin King, Advancement Director. Please, no phone calls!