District of Columbia
The United State of Women is dedicated to connecting, convening and amplifying voices in the movement for full gender equality. Our strength is in our power as a convener. We connect women and allies all across the country and amplify the most pressing issues of the day.
The United State of Women is housed at Civic Nation, a non-profit organization that uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of our nation’s most pressing challenges. We work with public and private partners to build tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action.
About the Position
USOW has set an ambitious goal to spur 1 million actions in 2018. Actions are our measurement because when women and allies take action, we can and will change policies, procedures and hearts for gender equality.
To reach this goal, we are launching an Ambassador program in Summer 2018. Ambassadors are local leaders who are ready to step up and run United State of Women organizing projects in their local communities. Selected activists will receive the tools, data and community sharing needed to set goals, organize and win concrete steps for gender equality in their local community. The Program Manager will manage the Ambassador program.
This position will report to the United State of Women Managing Director.
- Review applications and accept Ambassadors.
- Design and implement Ambassador program. Create all necessary organizing materials.
- Regularly update the soon-to-launch Action Hub.
- Host regular webinars, do phone consultations and travel to meet with Ambassadors.
- Manage travel by USOW staff and other speakers to local events.
- Other programmatic design duties as the program continues to grow.
- At least 2 years of field organizing experience
- Belief that volunteers are critical and should be treated with the utmost respect.
- Comfort working with people from all across the country.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and a creative thinker.
- Thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a start-up environment, with start-up hours.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: United State of Women Program Manager. The position is based in Washington, DC and will require 25% of time traveling.
Civic Nation is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.