Dream Charter High School
DREAM Charter Schools - School Support
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Dean of Culture, the Restorative Justice Manager
will be responsible for leading and facilitating restorative practices at DREAM Charter High School. Responsibilities
- Coordinate peer mediation, peer lead circles, and other student lead restorative practices;
- Development of school wide restorative practices, including daily restorative circles, implementing DREAM's restorative Code of Conduct, formal and informal restorative circles;
- Assist in the design and implement DREAM's behavioral expectations;
- Support teachers to hold all students to high and consistent academic and behavioral expectations by developing and managing system for "close the loop" conversations;
- Collaborate with other members of the Culture Team to identify areas of behavioral concerns; school-wide and grade-wide;
- Provide ongoing development, feedback, and implementation of school policies and procedures related to behavior;
- Lead professional development on restorative practices;
- Ensure that the school environment reinforces school culture and facilitates student achievement.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- 2+ years' experience in an urban, start up, or charter school; teaching experience preferred;
- Belief in an environment that thrives in a cycle of continuous improvement;
- Commitment to ending the school to prison pipeline;
- Understanding the nuances of urban school environments and school culture;
- Ability to create, monitor, and maintain systems;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and to accommodate frequent changes;
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain productive and collaborative relationships;
- Ability to work with a diverse team of staff members and work autonomously as well as in teams;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/Z4e5z8cGzLAEH1N4C6o1N" />